Road to Hopkinton

New Group (Read 597 times)

I'll rename my attempt of Road to Boston to... "Road to Divorce!"...for those of you who don't know why I would say that, my husband is not a long distance running supporter. But,he's coming around slowly. Big grin I've run one marathon. My time was 4:11:56. I learned a lot that day and will hopefully use what I learned and improve greatly. We'll see.

Michelle

Jeffrey

I ran the Vancouver HM in 2006. It was only the second time visiting the city for us and we liked the experience. I enjoyed the course quite a bit because it was like running in Seattle with similar terrain and vistas. The run through Stanley Park at around mile 8 is a steep climb but then you get to cruise downhill. However, this is meaningless for you because the M course bypasses that steep climb. Nice touch by the Race Directors to manipulate the course to reduce the elevation gain. We had *perfect* weather; chilly temps with a light drizzle. The light rain did get pretty heavy after I finished the HM (1:44). Good luck with your race!
      My next goal is the Vancouver Marathon in May 2008. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to the discussions in this group!
        HI guys, not looking to qualify this year but will be looking to qualify for 2009 Boston. *waves to Bob*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

HI guys, not looking to qualify this year but will be looking to qualify for 2009 Boston. *waves to Bob*
          Ditto, I think. Maybe. I'm not sure yet. We'll see. *waves to Pam* Big grin

Michelle

I'll rename my attempt of Road to Boston to... "Road to Divorce!"...for those of you who don't know why I would say that, my husband is not a long distance running supporter. But,he's coming around slowly. Big grin I've run one marathon. My time was 4:11:56. I learned a lot that day and will hopefully use what I learned and improve greatly. We'll see.
            You'll have plenty of time to get him to come around for either Febuary, May or even next October!!! BTW so glad to hear he's coming around, even if it is slowly! *waves to Michelle since I didn't see there was a page 2 until after I posted*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

btb1490

Boston 2009 is gonna be fun! Clowning around
                My next attempt is on Sunday Oct 14 in Toronto.
                Good luck on Sunday Arne! Smile

Michelle

I agree. Smile

Michelle

what's with the clown Bob? Cool See now that I've stated my intentions I'm going to have to follow through. UTOH

btb1490

what's with the clown Bob? Cool See now that I've stated my intentions I'm going to have to follow through. UTOH
                      Pam, you could probably qualify in Philly THIS YEAR I'll bet! I don't think you have to worry about following through on your intentions! The question isn't IF you qualify, it's more like WHEN you qualify. The clown? I'm just messing with you guys. I know you're really all business at these races, right? Wink If any of you need any extra incentive to get to Boston, check this out... http://www.mikespastry.com/index.html Yeah, it's gonna be fun!
                        Great, now I'm hungry for a cannoli. Smile

Michelle

btb1490

The website doesn't do that place justice. If we all go there, I wanna bring a camera and take a picture of all of your faces as you walk through that door.
                            They ship ANYWHERE in the U.S Michelle Wink Tongue

The website doesn't do that place justice. If we all go there, I wanna bring a camera and take a picture of all of your faces as you walk through that door.
                              I'm holding you to this!!

I think there will be drooling. Tongue

Michelle