Road to Hopkinton

Four more finishers! (Read 220 times)

Carl A

I glanced at the Races page (a link is on our "Reports" section), and several of our runners all finished marathons last weekend. Their times look pretty good, too. Congratulations seeEricaRun, dollysmum, dacook, and jcaruso! Any BQs or other interesting stories?

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

This being my first marathon I had higher expectations than I should of. I thought I would start with the 4:00 pace group. Well, I never even saw them after the start. Around mile 18 I met up with the 4:30 pace group and then they lost me. All hopes of BQing were so gone I just decided to finish and finish upright. So 4:45:14 may have qualified me for Boston if I was 80 years old,but I am 48 so I guess I will just have to try again. If everyone could BQ it wouldn't be such an honor to run Boston. The one thing I am most happy about on finishing a marathon is that it didn't put me off of running forever. I describe a marathon as this: take something you love to do and do it ad nauseum. I was able to walk the next day and went out for a 4 mile run 2 days after the marathon. I will get to Boston one day Big grin
      Carl A

Elisa, Great job! I finished my first marathon in 4:42 something, but I was 29 years old at the time and ran it at a relatively low altitude above sea level. We both have some training to do if either of us is going to BQ, but I think you're closer than you may believe!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Congratulations seeEricaRun, dollysmum, dacook, and jcaruso! Any BQs or other interesting stories?
          Thanks Carl! After thinking it was going to be really tight for me, I ended up qualifying twice in two weeks! I couldn't believe it, but I'm very excited, and only a little bit injured (looks like RSI or stress fracture). Congratulations to the other qualifiers as well!