Road to Hopkinton

Boston runners (Read 227 times)

Carl A

Congrats to Karen, Tanya, Arne, and SJ, for running the race we're all working toward. It looks like some of you finished within a few minutes of each other. Great job!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Thank You Very Much Carl! All the sweat, pain, early mornings, cold winters, hot humid summers, desperate qualifying attempts, blisters, injuries, weight up, weight down, logs, predictions, calculators, fat, carbs, proteins..... It is all history now. Today I feel total relaxation!!! I have done it. Boston Marathon, runners shrine! It was great. My race was slow but steady and I did not walk anywhere except for a few drinking stations. Was 30 minutes slower than my Q race in Columbus only two months ago. But who cares. This time I could run a marathon without a clock or paceband, only to enjoy and have fun!!!!! The crowds, the runners, the WEATHER was just mindbogling fantastic. I had oranges, bananas, icecubes, frezees, cockies, jelly beans and jelly babies along the course. Every spectator had something to give away, my face is sorer than my legs,, from smiling! I have a blister in my hand from High Fives a quadrillion times! Nothing will ever compare, and yes, I have done NYM. To you runningaheaders...fighting, struggling, it is all worth it!!!!!! Cheers Arne
      Goals 2008 1: BQ/PB <3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman done="" feb="" 17th="" bq="" 3:27="" 2:="" half="" ironman="" done="" aug="" 10="" 3:="" 2="" or="" more="" m.="" done="" feb="" 17th="" and="" boston="" april="" 22.="" 4:="" sprint="" tri="" done="" july="" 5="" goals="" 2009="" 1:="" the=""></3:30:59 done feb 17th bq 3:27 2: half ironman done aug 10 3: 2 or more m. done feb 17th and boston april 22. 4: sprint tri done july 5 goals 2009 1: the norseman>