Road to Hopkinton

BQ ? (Read 421 times)

I qualified for Boston on Dec 8th. Is that good for '08 only or can I wait 'till '09?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

First - congrats! Second - hmmm I looked at the website but didn't see anything ... my guess is that it's good until 09 -- I've heard your BQ time is good for 1 1/2- 2 years
      2009: BQ?

Imminent Catastrophe

First - congrats! Second - hmmm I looked at the website but didn't see anything ... my guess is that it's good until 09 -- I've heard your BQ time is good for 1 1/2- 2 years
        That's good for either '08 or '09. Congrats!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Carl A

Awesome! All those miles you put in are paying off; have fun, whichever year you go!

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Congratulations Ricky! Big grin Trishie, the qualifying date is listed at http://bostonmarathon.com/BostonMarathon/Qualifying.asp. Here's what it said for 2009... "The qualifying window for the 2009 Boston Marathon will begin on September 29, 2007." The cutoff date for the 2008 Boston Marathon race is 9/23/2006. So it looks like the actual date changes slightly each year. I checked because my sister and I were going to go together in 2009 (since she will be 6 months pregnant in April 2008). But, after looking at the website, I had to break the bad news to her that she will have to qualify again after her twins are born since she qualified in June 2007. Shocked
              Thanks for answering my question and the kind words. I'm planning on running in '09.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Congratulations!! How exciting! Smile

Michelle

Congratulations Ricky! Big grin Trishie, the qualifying date is listed at http://bostonmarathon.com/BostonMarathon/Qualifying.asp. Here's what it said for 2009... "The qualifying window for the 2009 Boston Marathon will begin on September 29, 2007." The cutoff date for the 2008 Boston Marathon race is 9/23/2006. So it looks like the actual date changes slightly each year. I checked because my sister and I were going to go together in 2009 (since she will be 6 months pregnant in April 2008). But, after looking at the website, I had to break the bad news to her that she will have to qualify again after her twins are born since she qualified in June 2007. Shocked
                  just wanted to lyk, that your sister can contact the BAA and let them know she's injured (it's a kind of injury, eh? it's there on the BAA site under "what if I'm injured" ) and they will give her special registration information for the next year's race. She has to contact them before April 21, 2008 also, I read somewhere that the fall BQ's were good for 2 years...IOW, you can use an Oct 07 BQ time when registering for BOTH 08 AND 09.

Jennifer mm#1231