UK Ultra Runners

Ultra Runner Forums (Read 467 times)

Bonus

Jerry & Co.,

I just added a link to your ultra runner forum here...

http://www.ultramarathonrunning.com/training/index.html#forums

Best regards

Keith

P.S. Hope your toe has recovered! My big toe on my right foot is as sore as hell after last weekend's GUCR.

Hi Keith

Hope you are well and GUCR went well for you, I was chatting about it last night at the club. One of the guys there told me his mate pulled out at 96 miles, some smart arse then replied "Big whoose", he got some really harsh stares being that he has never gone past 10 miles in his life....he got the message.

Thanks for the link, it will be good to get some more people on board.

Toe is great now, a week later I PB'd a road marathon so it must have done me good

Rested this weekend and back on track for Faversham in July and then started to get jittery when I realised it is 16 weeks until London to Brighton.

What are you up to? I assume resting

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Bonus

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I'm taking it easy. I don' race that much ( compared to you! ) so I have plenty of time to recover and start training again later. Although this time my body is already eager again to get back out and start running straight away.

No doubt we'll cross paths at the L2B if not before.

Take it easy

Keith

I have to admit the only run that I have really treated as a "race" this year is the road marathon a few weeks ago as I really wanted to see what my time difference when not encumbered with packs, maps and tracks. It was really good for my confidence to do the run even if they did screw up the results at the end.

The other events I have been to have really been short term goals to ensure that I am getting up to distance steadily in time for September, everything I have done this year has been about L2B and stepping up the distances to a point where I am now exceeding 50 miles per week as I approach Faversham which is a massive mental goal for me.

One run I will hold close to my heart (until the next one) is the Compton 40, such a well organised run with no egos and great, friendy organisers.

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily