UK Ultra Runners

Housman Hundred - 28/5/2011 (Read 572 times)

Richard S suggested this event: http://www.housmanhundred.co.uk/index.html

I've looked more closely at their website now and I reckon that (assuming I don't get a WS100 place) that this is definitely what I'll be shooting for next year. It looks awesome.

Who else is up for it? We should try and get one event a year when we all meet up. This looks like a good one.

Matt

There is some interest from George and myself as 2011 is my year to be a become a centurion

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Might be up for this, but all depends on qualifying and getting into UTMB 2011.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

I'm doing the Longmynd Hike which is a qualifying race.

Very interested in the Housman Hundred. I like the idea of getting 100 miles done next year.

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Matt, I think that this looks like THE 100 to be doing next year and I am having such fun with getting ready for the Ridgeway that I want become a centurion next year.

Overseas races like the UTMB and WS100 are likely to be on my radar  for 2012 if I don't get round to doing the planning for BGR or coast to coast. I am about to buy a new house so funds for travel will likely be tight for 12 months and there are so many parts of the UK yet to be run!

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/
            ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

I have just emailed the LDWA coordinator as it states that you must have run a LDWA 50 mile event. I am sure we all could!! I said that we had done various ultras and am awaiting his response
              http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

I myself would love to do Bob Graham or C2C although 2012 more likely.

I looked on the website and I already qualify having done Grimsthorpe so I am one happy man

Centurion for sure next year! Back to proper training this week coming although still no races booked

I have just emailed the LDWA coordinator as it states that you must have run a LDWA 50 mile event. I am sure we all could!! I said that we had done various ultras and am awaiting his response

UB, email George, he has in-roads with the LDWA and he will get us a 50 mile event easily, I am happy to join even if it means us getting in.

Jerry
                  A runners blog-updated daily