UK Ultra Runners

Crawley 12 hour track ultra- Race Report (Read 327 times)

I had 12 hours and wanted to make 100 km...did I succeed?

Race Report

Enjoy

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

Huge congratulations Jerry, 100km done and dusted, seems like not without incident, but then again you  wouldn't expect a run of that distance to not throw up a few problems. Hope you enjoyed yourself, and are not too broken and really look forward to catching up you at some stage (great race report as usual).

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Great race report fella and well done on the 100.5km.

How are the legs, feet, back, shoulders and importantly....your brain???

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

I am feeling amazingly well thank you.

It has been an interesting week of recovery, the biggest hurt at the start was my sunburn which soon moved on to be replaced with very, very tight legs that felt as though they had been tenderised with a cheap wooden steak hammer. The tendons around the outer knee area were very tight and so I got a late evening appointment with a sports physio who worked absolute wonders spending an hour just gently pulling and tweaking my calves and thighs. Ooooohhh the knots he found even made him gasp, I do think that they were the remains of previous knots on knots as it has been a very long time since I have been able to wobble my legs.

Shoulders and core were worked well but the very slight soreness soon went, I have one large blood blister which I am drying off naturally without bursting it, a slight rub on the upper foot where the shoe tongue must have had a bit of grit in it.

Mentally...well I am still Jerry, 'nuf said

I did go for a short trail run yesterday, some say that I was insane, but I wanted to get to a vantage point to see if there was a lavendar sunset after the Icelandic eruption!

Jerry
          A runners blog-updated daily