UK Ultra Runners

Ridgeway Challenge 85 (Read 1020 times)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Me in the know? No.

Well I have looked at the checkpoints from last year and started to work backwarks for the support crew and what will be needed and when...sartorially..... and food and beverage wise. Also a hotel for Mrs UltraBobban. BTW I have a nice reange of Ridgeway Challenge t-shirts that arrived this morning with your moniker's on them!! Trust a wardrobe, trust Trinny.

Would it be a good idea to start some fact finding and meet up for an evening of cider and beer in town for a run through of the events etc? I am thinking some time in late July?

http://ultrabobban.blogspot.com/

Where did you get the checkpoint info. and how far are they apart? I am thinking of using the 50 Mile Challenge as a run through

July is good for a cider or four two

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Hope the 21st (51st) birthday party was good Jezza. Race report for the SDM is blogged. A great day out and superb to see George in such good form. We have high expectations of him on the 100 miler in the cotswolds and know that he will do brilliant. Immune was superb yesterday and we had avery strong last 8 miles or so. You need to make sure we go on a leash for the ridgeway as 7 minute miling will not be appropriate at anything other than the last mile!!

156th + 157th of 584 finishers, from the splits on the racetimingsystems website Rob + I were quicker than a lot of the top 100 over the last quarter, which shows our excellent pacing!!!!!!!!!!!

40miles for this weekend, so pretty tough but felt ok on last nights 14miler, kept the pace very easy (9.15 to 9.30),

i see that you Jerry also had a big weekend of mileage, well done. Although i see you did your bigger run on the Sunday, which must have been tough.

PB's

1mile: 5:36 - 20/06/2012 - Arethusa Mile (Bushy Park)

5K: 18:55 - 24/07/11 - Bushy Park

10K: 39:15 - 19/03/11 - 2nd 10k of below race

Half Mara: 1:26.50 - 19/03/11 - Dorney Lake 1:26.50)

Mara: 3:12.50 - 04/062012 - Kent Roadrunner

50k (Trail): 4:34.37 - 12/08/2012 - Salisbury 54321

50miles (Trail): 7:27.43 - 04/02/2012 - Thames Trot 50

100miles (Trail): 22:14.10 - 03/03/2012 - Thamespath 100 (102miles)

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

Well done Dave. I see that we were 27th fastest over the last 7-8 miles which is nuts! You are right in that our long miles are showing that we are not just physically up for this but mentally strong.  I know that we should be a bit more conservative in the long run in the summer but I think, if I get a VLM place for next April to train for a pacier race and see if I can blast my PB next year.

My sunday 5 miler was a bit more sedentary, managing 36.50 in the race. I was pretty pleased with that after a marathon the day before but that was 5 minutes slower than a 5 miler I did this time last year!! Legs are fine although have a bruised heel where I got stamped on in a rush through the woods on the Eltham 5 yesterday. Managed a nice recovery run straight after work and after checking I was in order I can report that I am in fact, in order.

I am doing an XC half this weekend up at the folks on Mersea Island. I will have to run home from the race to make up the miles. Hope that you are all well after the weekend mileage

Well done David and Rob, I am feeling sufficiently miffed that you two, George and Michael ran together but I was "under orders" from home about my racing and running this year hence why I have limited appearances.

I agree, the long distance work is really paying off now and have really noticed my pace has increased in shorter distances. I am however feeling a very tired and need to move off the distance for a week so that I can cycle down and recuperate.

I am just shy of 100 km weeks at the moment and have noticed my calorie intake is up through the roof.

Jerry

ultra-Bobban

Cider IS carb loading

No probs. Mrs Jezza needs all the lovin' seen as you will be away for the ridgeway. I am starting to notice a well needed weight loss as my kms hit 100 a week too.

Same with me, what with the speed/core training on Thursdays and the mileage increase I am looking a little more toned, no way 6-packed, too much cider for that but definitely less. I have even noticed my legs have more veins on them

Suffering from a cold at the moment which is going to my chest so will treat this week as a cycle down and then review my training. I have to say that it is really good to hit the magic 60 mile mark and just want to hit that psychological barrier of 100 km per week

Jerry

Richard D

You wanna try taking echinacea on a regular basis Jez, if you're wanna keep doing mega mileage and avoid all those nasty lil ole infections you keep getting.

I never realised that you were into alternative medicines Richard, being the son of a dyed in the wool Pharmacist I have never really had an introduction into this area. Dad's opinion was " Hot bath, bowl of soup and get to bed early"

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

being the son of a dyed in the wool Pharmacist

Like Charlie Spedding....

You should probably invest in some crystals too.

Crystals? AAAAAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH

Jerry