Victoria, BC runners

Hello and Welcome Victoria runners! :) (Read 244 times)

I officially started using this site to log my runs in the new year. It has been a great motivational source for me to be able to map out my runs before I run them and then eager to get back to put them into the log. I live near UVIC and often running along Beach Ave. I find the beach-side runs invigorating and enthralling as well as there's so much to look at! They are a true inspiration on my runs. I frequently find myself reflecting on the day past and dream up plans for the next. Confused I started this forum in the hopes of drawing in other Vic runners to share their running experiences, tips...and maybe eventually start our own RunningAHEAD group here in Victoria. If you live in the Victoria area (BC, that is! Cool) and use this site, I'd luv to hear from you! Happy Running, Sabina Smile
    may

well hello there!!! I just found your group. I also live in Victoria in the uvic area. I run 2-4 times a week. Planning to run the Oak bay Half marathon. I have run Beach drive but not regularly. I often run Thetis lake or Elk/ Beaver . Do you belong to a running group?
      Utu

Alas I do not live in the Victoria area but have run many a road in the UVic area. Have done the Vic 42.2 a few years ago and am in training for it again this year. One of my favorite training runs is up Mount Tolmie, reminds me of home. When I visit Vic I always make a point of doing the Mount and try for a few trail runs on Mount Doug. I suggest that we all can better our times by alternating beach runs with some good INVIGORATING hill runs. Great site. Will post it the next time heading to Vic
          Back in training...Vic Marathon here I come. Just did my first "distance" run in a year. 18.9 km rather slow at 1:53. My last 30 km was a very poor 3:22. It was on the trails around Cultus lake. Now there is agood race...Around the Lake Give R' Take 30. Check out the web site for this run. The elevation gain and views are truly great. looking to break the 4 hr mark on the marathon...here is hoping!
            How far will I have to carry my dear freind SG? Will she make the 30 k wall? Will she pass through the wall? Big grin