Barefoot Runners

It wasn't glass or a syringe... (Read 578 times)

I didn't pick up my foot right, and scraped the end of my big toe along the sidewalk.  Ouch.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

I didn't pick up my foot right, and scraped the end of my big toe along the sidewalk.  Ouch.

Oh sweet lord. Been there, done that. Twice actually.  

Heal well. And if you can brave it, try liquid bandage.  Warning if you haven't used it: IT WILL STING like hell.

Bacon Party!

Well that'll learn ya! 
        (At least that's what I say to myself every time I catch a toe or step on something. [Yeah - I'm a slow learner!])

Hope it heals quickly.

Liz

pace sera, sera

Blaine Moore (MM#2867)

Yep, done that too. It should heal quickly though.

Run to Win
          24 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.  It feels better today.  Haven't had another BF run yet, and I'm concerned that it may be sensitive.  I might try the liquid bandage.

Blaine: that's an awesome pic.

I once was on the first mile of a long run, stretching my ankles, pointing my toes down. Forgot to flex my foot back into the normal position, scraped the buhjeebus out of my second toe. Bled like crazy, but it was only a mere flesh wound.

Barefooting may help fix a lot of things, but it don't fix stupid.

Barefooting may help fix a lot of things, but it don't fix stupid.

A quotable quote.

Blaine: that's an awesome pic.

It is.  Were you in this race?

Blaine Moore (MM#2867)

It is.  Were you in this race?

No, that's not makeup, that's actually blood.  The gauze was from a kind mountain biker that found me a few minutes after I fell and hit my head.  Being a PT/athletic trainer, he was prepared.

Full story and more photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/forum/173a0a094b2a4085bc0e5c160b9d9722

Run to Win
                    24 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Ha RtW-that's a good post.  I was kidding about the zombie run.  You would have fit right in.

RtW has the ultimate sign of a runner- blood pouring down his face, and he's smiling.  Big grin

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis