On the Bench

No longer lurking... (Read 95 times)

So, I've been a lurker here for a while, knowing I'd need it someday. Someday is here, someday has been here for weeks, I was just to stubborn to admit it! Several weeks before Christmas, my back was bothering me enough that I spent more time dropping to my knees in pain than I did walking forward! I've been seeing a wonderful doc for a while now & it helps...for a short time. I have hypermobility in my spine, which means that I adjust really easy...it also means that I come out just as easy. I started PT two weeks ago & that has been both good and frustrating. The good parts are: 1. I've learned that I am doing everything I should be and then some. 2. I've learned a couple of new stretches/exercises that may help. 3. I was told I'm doing everything correctly, so I only have to come every couple of weeks. 4. My PT gave me permission to work out as much as I want based on what I have been doing (oh darn, an excuse to go to the gym every day). The bad things are: 1. I'm doing everything right & have been for a considerable period of time & the back is really no better. 2. I want to run so bad I could cry! It really is frustrating to know that you ARE doing what you should be (as opposed to my normal method of doing whatever I damn well please) and it still hurts. I know, I know, be patient: a couple of months of doing right isn't going to get rid of 4 yrs of back pain. But patience is a virtue that I do not possess!!! Sad
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3