Chicago Marathon

2013 Registration Re-Opens: March 5 (Read 93 times)

Registration for the 2013 Bank of America Chicago Marathon will open on Tuesday, February 19, at 12 p.m. (Central Standard Time). The registration fee is $175 for U.S. participants and $200 for participants outside of the U.S. Registration will close when the participant capacity of 45,000 is reached.

Interesting to note the later registration date.  My guess is that they wanted to avoid overlap with the Shamrock Shuffle, run by the same management team.  Anyway: mark your calendars for February 19!

Back with an update.  Thanks to high demand crashing the servers, registration for the 2013 Chicago Marathon was shut down in the first day.  However, the race isn't full yet.  15,000 spots are still available for the race, and organizers have announced their plan to hold a lottery for the remaining spots.

Interested runners can enter the lottery at chicagomarathon.com starting on Tuesday, March 5, at 12:01 a.m. CST until Thursday, March 7, at 9 p.m. CST. From those entries, 15,000 names will be randomly selected to fill the remaining spots in the 2013 Chicago Marathon. Those individuals will be notified on Tuesday, March 12, and they will have until 9 p.m. CST on Thursday, March 14, to complete their official registration.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

vegefrog

Already bookmarked it on my computer! Smile

Geez that entry fee is steeeeeeeeeep! Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay for running one of the BIG ones Smile

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It's in my outlook calendar...at work.  I better not be stuck in court or something that day.

Damaris

Yeah, these things keep getting more and more expensive.  While I may be biased, I will say that Chicago puts on a good race for the price.  Easiest logistics of any big city marathon (point-to-point course, wide streets, flat course), IMHO.

Joann Y

I'm looking forward to it. This will be my first marathon and I'm hoping to secretly do well enough to qualify for Boston. Something to aim for anyway and motivation to keep upping the miles (want to be up to 40-50 per week by beginning of March). Didn't run Chicago last year cause I didn't want to go into it with a poor base so I've been getting some good months of training in looking to 2013! Also turning 40 in September so this should be a great way to celebrate. Can't wait to hear what others are doing for training. What are other people's stories?

It's a full circle marathon.  How are the logistics that much harder than say the Cleveland Marathon?  It is not like they are shuffling people via buses or having to worry about porta potties at the start and the finish line.  I get that for Boston and New York the prices should be a little higher.  Why in the world would Chicago be $25 more than Boston?

Yeah, these things keep getting more and more expensive.  While I may be biased, I will say that Chicago puts on a good race for the price.  Easiest logistics of any big city marathon (point-to-point course, wide streets, flat course), IMHO.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

It's a full circle marathon.  How are the logistics that much harder than say the Cleveland Marathon?  It is not like they are shuffling people via buses or having to worry about porta potties at the start and the finish line.  I get that for Boston and New York the prices should be a little higher.  Why in the world would Chicago be $25 more than Boston?

It costs a lot to keep things flat.  When you run a race on the cheap, like Boston, you often get nasty hills towards the end of the race.

Friendly reminder that registration opens tomorrow.  My prediction is that the race fills in three days.  But with the recent trend of races closing so quickly, who knows?

Joann Y

Thank you for the reminder! Nervously anticipating signing up for my first marathon. Probably not, but I keep thinking it'll sell out in hours. Gonna have my finger on the register button at noon for sure.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hoping my office internet does not go down tomorrow!

Damaris

I booked myself in a meeting with myself from 1 EST to 4 EST.  The good news is my boss is also registering so he understands.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Good luck and happy clicking to everyone signing up today.

I just registered - seems like they opened the page a little early.  Absolutely no problems / hangups.

B-Plus

In as well. I noticed it's Active.com. Do they still charge that fee that you need to call to get reversed?

Joann Y

Not working for me. Pushed "pay now" three times even though it said that my "registration has already been submitted". It is not going to a confirmatory page or receipt page. Did you receive some kind of confirmation?

Okay, on facebook it looks like everyone is having a problem. Argh!!