Circle North

Logs (Read 418 times)

L Train

You should check out yesterdays then, i was actually on land for 7miles and you can check out the country of Oman.

That's what I was talking about.

GregM

Yeah Robin, some amazing places he runs. Too bad as a woman you would have to dress like this to run! Berka and Nikes!

Does this mean the Muslim men have no will power to resist female beauty?  Or are they insecure about retaining their woman?  Okay, I've revealed my antipathy for their form of gender discrimination.  Sad to think that women there lack the freedom we take for granted ...

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Home Away From Home

Does this mean the Muslim men have no will power to resist female beauty?  Or are they insecure about retaining their woman?  Okay, I've revealed my antipathy for their form of gender discrimination.  Sad to think that women there lack the freedom we take for granted ...

I LOVE THE PICTURE, I have actually become so use to seeing the berka by now it doesn't phase me but it is a whole other culture over here, that is for sure.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Perhaps she's covering up to hide her shame over her heel striking.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

My salty dogs

Perhaps she's covering up to hide her shame over her heel striking.

ChiRunning is considered satins work there

39.2 is bothering me......69.3 is ridiculous and 19.8 is totally unacceptable. go run to the light and back please!

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

I have in mind a slightly different training plan, which though less rigid should lead to higher mileage with less grindage and burnout, if I'm right.

This I want to hear about.  I'm skeptical. 

Home Away From Home

So you all know that I occassionally drop by and write a sentence or 2 but today I feel the need to express myself a little more then I usually do.  I tend not to write a lot about my runs, I am not a member of the 2500 or 3000 mile clubs or the sub 3:30 club or the sub 19:00 club like others of you but today was one of the those days I just feel like sharing well I guess because I feel good about it so suck it up and let me brag a minute.  We all have come a long way from where we where years ago no matter who we are. It was only a few years ago I couldn't jog around my block which probably is 1/4 mile at best and now you all know where I stand.  I had struggled a lot last fall trying to break the 8:00 pace. It seemed like a pretty good wall to me, I would have days but not consistently where I wold break it.  Today I went to the TM do to some interval for my HM training.  I wanted to do 1 mile repeats at better then race pace or sub 7:20. After a mile warm-up off I go ay 7:13 pace. A mile later I feel like I never picked it up at all. I slow to 8:12 to recover. A year ago there was no recovery at 8:12, that would have been pushing my ass to go that fast.  now my HR slows and I feel like I dragging along at a snails pace.  So I do another 3 1-mile intervals, all easy feelings, no hard breathing, no racing HR just nice steady pace cruising along for a stroll feeling.  I go into my cool down starting at 8:00 and that is to slow so I go faster and faster till my cool down as my at 6:30 for the last 2/10 or so.  Now is that a cool down, I doubt it but IT FELT GOOD.  It is truly a crazy feeling to have run that hard and feel so damn good.  Ok, I know I am rambling but just wanted to share my good run with my friends out there at CN. I miss you guys so much, hope to see you at Hampton Half and every tuesday/weekend after. 

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

Michael - I don't think I have full perspective on how far you've come, but I'll say that you are a hell of a runner.  You've always been faster than me (the first time I remember racing you was Bob's race maybve 3 years ago and you beat me by 2 minutes as I recall) so I've always thought of you as a good runner. 

That said, the way you've been describing your runs over the last few months has been amazing, and it seems to show real progress.  You and I have different thoughts on training, and that's OK, everybody's different.  I have no doubt that you would beat me at a race right now, certainly anything at 10 miles or under.  Great job on the progress and I'm sure it must be a great feeling.  See you in February.    

Home Away From Home

Michael - I don't think I have full perspective on how far you've come, but I'll say that you are a hell of a runner.  You've always been faster than me (the first time I remember racing you was Bob's race maybve 3 years ago and you beat me by 2 minutes as I recall) so I've always thought of you as a good runner. 

That said, the way you've been describing your runs over the last few months has been amazing, and it seems to show real progress.  You and I have different thoughts on training, and that's OK, everybody's different.  I have no doubt that you would beat me at a race right now, certainly anything at 10 miles or under.  Great job on the progress and I'm sure it must be a great feeling.  See you in February.    

I am not so sure our methods are different, I don't really train how I want to, I train in a way that allows me to go to work every 3 months and still be able to keep up the mileage. If I had my way I would run more mileage year around, but I can barely squeek out 55 miles weeks at work so no sense running 70 at home and then losing all that progress over three months and then havign to build it back up.  I just try to hold somewhat even and maintain some reasonable mileage that allows me to build quickly for a full marathon if needed. I am sure if I where home all the time my training would be entirely different but then again I am not so who cares.  Thanks for the support LTrain.  There was the time I beat you but you and Greg_C and Cuch have made some great races over the last year, super fast times I don't think I can grasp yet.  That is why I want to make Hampton so much, just to see where I am.

PS- I just joined another Maine runnin blog here on RA saw your name mentioned by "MilkTruck".  I forget their user group name thogh right now.  They only have a few posts but some are close to us. 

MM#5768

L Train

Look who's doubling today -

Planned Interval/speed works out - 6x800 at 6:18/mi or 3:09 = 9.5 on treadmill at elevation 1.0. 1 Mile warm up, 2 minute Rest Intervals (RI) and 10 minute cool down. Felt amazingly good, though it was definately tough.

FWIW, I don't think I could hit that workout. 

Look who's doubling today -

Planned Interval/speed works out - 6x800 at 6:18/mi or 3:09 = 9.5 on treadmill at elevation 1.0. 1 Mile warm up, 2 minute Rest Intervals (RI) and 10 minute cool down. Felt amazingly good, though it was definately tough.

FWIW, I don't think I could hit that workout. 

awesomeness!   look who's comin.

I feel good about it so suck it up and let me brag a minute. 

ya know....you have great quotes yourself.......some real doozies. this ones great cause i NEVER hear you talk like that. keep up the great progress. as they say...united we stand.

"Beep, Beep!"

Robin and Lance,

You need to write a book with an introduction by Cremer!!!

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Robin and Lance,

You need to write a book with an introduction by Cremer!!!

People would be so bored by the introduction that they would fall asleep before they got to the good stuff.