Circle North

Logs (Read 418 times)

Home Away From Home

Well I hope this is temporary and you feel better, but FYI, I'm not falling for this. 

We will see how it goes today on the TM. I think the work schedule will allow a run today. It is crazy, I get a 60 and 50 mile week then bottom out at 20's if I am lucky, no constants around here.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

Home Away From Home

yay!

umm...sailah! what's goin on with you?

Working our way out of the Med. Italy behind us and Straits of Gibraltar ahead on the morning of the 2nd.  Trying to get myrun in today, sometimes are busy others are not so much.  Minor aches seem not to exist right now but then again I had a 2 day break.  Wish I could wrap my head a little more discpline to diet, work wears me down and the result is food. Not enough to make a huge difference when running 50 mile weeks but I am not doing my best to loose the extra pounds I wanted to be 150 for HH. I am hoping to concequer it better my first month or two home at home with all of you as my support group. I figure if we start swimming/biking and running that will help too. It will double days of exercise at least a few days a week.  

Honestly though Cuch, I  miss you all, not to be sappy or some shit but you are all some of the only real friends I have and you are lik efamily tome and miss you all when I am out here, the friendship, the support, the jokes, the laughter, and even the bloody toe and nipple 20 milers.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

i speak for all - hurry home sailah.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

i speak for all - hurry home sailah.

be there soon. About 2-1/2 weeks left.

MM#5768

L Train

Looks like Doug has joined the ranks of the obsessed:

I really have no idea how I finished this one. The conditions were so bad for the first 5.5 miles I was spent at about mile 6-7. I altered my intended rt to stay on the main roads instead and this helped the footing. I kept reminding myself this one was only about building endurance and getting through it was the important thing.
            Even had the strength/stupidity to tack on the extra ".4 " to make it a full 20 miler. Instead of just leaving it at 19.6 and calling it good like a sane person would.

hey sailah...i don't get it. doesn't the ship rock back and forth? don't you get a rollin hill effect from that? just thinkin about you runnin on a rocky ship makes me laugh. hope you don't zig-zag all ovah the place durin the hampton race! Wink

"Beep, Beep!"

From Robin....

"had some fun pretendin i was in salt water on my way to some far away island."

Sounds nice, but speed it up, could be sharks in the water! (or maybe weeds!!!!!)

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Sounds nice, but speed it up, could be sharks in the water!

ooo...i bet shahks sworm around kona huh?

329.9 - this is a disgrace. this is why you lost.

L Train

329.9 - this is a disgrace. this is why you lost.

Funny I thought of that earlier. 

If I went and ran the .1, though, I'd end up with zingers, wierd nondescript abdominal pains,achilles tendonitis in both feet, PF in both feet, not able to sleep at night and a grumpy attitude.  So would I really win? 

That would be like adding 2 extra minutes to a meaningless treadmill run just to tack on a meaningless extra 1/4 mile just to hit some sort of meaningless round monthly mileage number that nobody will ever even remotely care about ever. Asinine, just asinine I tell ya. I mean, who would do that?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Funny I thought of that earlier. 

If I went and ran the .1, though, I'd end up with zingers, wierd nondescript abdominal pains,achilles tendonitis in both feet, PF in both feet, not able to sleep at night and a grumpy attitude.  So would I really win? 

it's what the .1 represents. it represents a specific personality trait. one that doesn't give up when things get uncomfortable...one that has to finish everything that's stahted...and one that wins - or dies trying. you are not going to reach your boston goal if you don't get a clue.

270.1...now see? this screams "what now bitches?!"

L Train

270.1...now see? this screams "what now bitches?!"

Well that would be premature screaming then.  Any screaming that matters is 2 1/2 months away. 

Well that would be premature screaming then.  Any screaming that matters is 2 1/2 months away. 

i got on for that? ugh.