Circle North

Logs (Read 418 times)

Home Away From Home

it's what the .1 represents. it represents a specific personality trait. one that doesn't give up when things get uncomfortable...one that has to finish everything that's stahted...and one that wins - or dies trying. you are not going to reach your boston goal if you don't get a clue.

I second that, as a TM runner these days that 0.1 is everything. I can never cut myslef short or I loose the mental edge to force myself to keep going.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

L Train

I second that, as a TM runner these days that 0.1 is everything. I can never cut myslef short or I loose the mental edge to force myself to keep going.

I get all that.  Maybe you guys are right.  I know in the big scheme of things that extra 2 I ran on 12/31 to get to 3100 didn't really make me any faster.  At least I don't think so.   Does running around the parking lot for 0.2 miles so I can get to 80 rather than 79.8 really get me anywhere?  It's not like I'm lacking discipline. 

Home Away From Home

Your right L-train you are not lacking discipline at all, I doubt any of us are. I think more then performance gain it is about how you look at yourself afterwards. Me, it is all a head game. If I quit early, it looms over me for awhile, "what the fuck slacker, you couldn't have made 0.2 miles", "what am I wuss, I can run 60 miles a week but can't push through another 0.2"  things like this. I try to always finish my goal so when times get tough in a race or even in a leisurely stroll I can look back and say I haven't given in yet and I am going to start now. Again, all head games for me. for those people that don't need this mental push then screw the 0.2 because your right, it sure isn't making you a better person unless you shave 0.2 off of every run you do, then it all adds up. 0.2 miles a day x 356 days a year is 71 miles a year you wussed out on.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I get all that.  Maybe you guys are right.  I know in the big scheme of things that extra 2 I ran on 12/31 to get to 3100 didn't really make me any faster.  At least I don't think so.   Does running around the parking lot for 0.2 miles so I can get to 80 rather than 79.8 really get me anywhere?  It's not like I'm lacking discipline. 

this is not what i meant....at all. you are absolutely clueless. how the hell can a man w/your chosen direction in life be so utterly thick in the fuckin skull? you just don't get it and i don't think you evah will.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Home Away From Home

So I am wondering how I went from like 40 miles in the bank towards my 2011 goal miles towards the end of january to being 20 in the hole the other day. it is so easy to take one day off and lose 7 miles but then it takes a few days to get that back.  You don't easily just decide to tack 7 miles on the end of a run just to get out of the whole. Least this Sunday is a 16 miler that will but a few back in towards breaking even at least. 

MM#5768

So I am wondering how I went from like 40 miles in the bank towards my 2011 goal miles towards the end of january to being 20 in the hole the other day. it is so easy to take one day off and lose 7 miles but then it takes a few days to get that back.  You don't easily just decide to tack 7 miles on the end of a run just to get out of the whole. Least this Sunday is a 16 miler that will but a few back in towards breaking even at least. 

you're wrong...slick just did 20 on the fuckin tm today cause he lost yesterday...don't make me slap you around too!

L Train

you're wrong...slick just did 20 on the fuckin tm today cause he lost yesterday...don't make me slap you around too!

Word.

Home Away From Home

20 on the TM, I hate those days. 16 is bad enough, 20 sucks, GO SLICK

MM#5768

Home Away From Home

Guys want to check out a crazy log, look up a guy called Dobble Bock, 550 miles in Jan, 150+ a week. He has already logged 81 miles of swimming this year alone and had something like 40,000 logged miles.  Now that puts us ALL to shame.

MM#5768

L Train

Guys want to check out a crazy log, look up a guy called Dobble Bock, 550 miles in Jan, 150+ a week. He has already logged 81 miles of swimming this year alone and had something like 40,000 logged miles.  Now that puts us ALL to shame.

Yeah, DB is the man.  Raced 154.5 miles in a 24 hour race last year too.  On a track no less.  He regularly pounds out 40+ mile runs on a TM.

MTA: There are lots of people on here who run way more (and faster) than any of us.

Home Away From Home

Yeah, DB is the man.  Raced 154.5 miles in a 24 hour race last year too.  On a track no less.  He regularly pounds out 40+ mile runs on a TM.

MTA: There are lots of people on here who run way more (and faster) than any of us.

40+ on a TM, 24 hour race, Holy Shit I feel like a complete pathetic slug

MM#5768

Yeah, DB is the man. 

you're a faggot!

Home Away From Home

you're a faggot!

Jeast he didn' t write DP, that brings up worse thoughts of L-train.

MM#5768

Home Away From Home

feeling a little under the weather today. A bit of a stomach bug.  No miles today, goose egg.  Rather take it easy and try to get better then push and be out for more then if I went easy.  Besides, my legs are still sore from yesterday.  Miss you all, see you soon.

MM#5768

feeling a little under the weather today. A bit of a stomach bug.  No miles today, goose egg.  Rather take it easy and try to get better then push and be out for more then if I went easy.  Besides, my legs are still sore from yesterday.  Miss you all, see you soon.

i think i might too. have a goose egg. umm. gee. ahh. no.... fuck that.