Circle North

Logs (Read 418 times)

L Train

Nice week, Doug.

Thanks. That's the most i've ever done in a week.

Feel pretty good. Taking a rest day tomorrow though.

Home Away From Home

Nice week, Doug.

Same from me. 71, nice. I was most impressed with the low miles during the week, 8 mile days and then off to run a 15 or 20.  That was impressive. I usually do better with weekly runs higher then that to get a good long run but not you. Very nice.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

slick? you have a hernia or somethin? what the fucks wrong w/ you?

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

slick? you have a hernia or somethin? what the fucks wrong w/ you?

Yeah I don't know.  Hernia's what I've been wondering about.  Just sitting here it's not that noticeable, but if I cough or GD forbid sneeze it hurts like hell.  I've also been starting to notice it if I roll over at night, or really any time I am on my back and have to move.  I probably couldn't do a sit up right now.  As for running, it's a nuisance more than aything.  It gets progressively worse the further I go, and it seems worse when I go faster.  It's manageable now, but I don't want it to get any worse.  I thought I just strained something but I would have thought that would be better by now.  I don't think taking time down running would help and there's no time for that anyway.  If it's still a problem after Boston I'll look into it before I start my less-running life.  Heh. 

L Train

Oh and I opened this thread to tell Jim in Wells nice 10 miler on Sunday. 

Home Away From Home

Yeah I don't know.  Hernia's what I've been wondering about.  Just sitting here it's not that noticeable, but if I cough or GD forbid sneeze it hurts like hell.  I've also been starting to notice it if I roll over at night, or really any time I am on my back and have to move.  I probably couldn't do a sit up right now.  As for running, it's a nuisance more than aything.  It gets progressively worse the further I go, and it seems worse when I go faster.  It's manageable now, but I don't want it to get any worse.  I thought I just strained something but I would have thought that would be better by now.  I don't think taking time down running would help and there's no time for that anyway.  If it's still a problem after Boston I'll look into it before I start my less-running life.  Heh. 

Talk to TD, he has been down the road and might be able to help you figure if it is or is not a hernia.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

few things.......

the thought of running a medium on a tm barefoot at any given distance makes me want to hurl.

think i agree that cancelling MWC wasn't really nesessary. wish it was in the past.

don't think for a second i don't work very hahd everyday to not have to work.

fuckin glad i didn't wait around for that log entry.

how's addy today?

if your gonna go through the fuckin trouble of making a map public, the very least you can do is say a few shit ass words.

they-ah.

L Train

how's addy today?

Pretty sure this was the only one directed at me.  Much better.  No fever.  But she's been spoiled the last two days so she's cranky.  However, I successfully got rid of her at daycare this morning so I should be at the Y around 10 I would guess. 

Pretty sure this was the only one directed at me.  Much better.  No fever.  But she's been spoiled the last two days so she's cranky.  However, I successfully got rid of her at daycare this morning so I should be at the Y around 10 I would guess. 

you bettah keep your phone w/u. haha.

L Train

10:30

LT, I believe a hernia you can feel in the lower abdominal wall from the outside

Sometimes you can get referred pain from the hip and what you feel is

the ache in the front,  lower ab/groin ...

I get this if my milage goes up too quickly and can be painful with a dull ache or sharp

intense pain. I had originally thought I had the hernia too.

But was the arthritic hip instead . had this as far back as 1997 or so

and feel more after long runs or tough races, too close together.

If yours is from running then it is more gradual pain becoming intense and

is tough to move when you have been still for a while, sitting, sleeping ... 

The hernia I believe is usually from a more isolated incident, like slipping on ice, lifting straining etc.

Good luck!!         cheers" Dr. J "     [mancub57]   JW

L Train

Thanks mancub.  I'm thinking not hernia.  The pain has receded a bit, and is rarely that bad.  It seems to be worse when I run faster.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was my hips, because I have some chronic hip/it band/hamstring issues.  After Boston the volume is gonna be cut and I'll be a part tme jogger again, so hopefully that will help. 

L Train

So Cremer, you stopped training for Boston then?

Yeah I figure I'm ready to roll. I'll just take it easy from here on out. Nah, needed a day, took a day. Just means Saturday isn't a day off now. Oh well.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.