Circle North

Races 2010 (Read 506 times)

L Train

90% yes - likely our whole family is going.

Hmmm. Could knock out my midweek long run, my speed work, and go someplace I've never been all in one shot. And I hear as an added bonus it's always torturously hot! Not sure how I can pass up an opportunity like this. I'm tentatively in.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

My salty dogs

Hmmm. Could knock out my midweek long run, my speed work, and go someplace I've never been all in one shot. And I hear as an added bonus it's always torturously hot! Not sure how I can pass up an opportunity like this. I'm tentatively in.

Change of plans-- I'm headed to Lake Placid-- but right now I have a tree and power lines across my driveway and can't get out.

there is a spot reserved for me in the blue dino. c-ya there.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Registration Confirmation

=====================================
            Name - Lance Hoenig
            Event Name - Around Cape Ann 25K Road Race
            Event Date - 9/6/2010
            ---- Category - 25K Road Race
            Conf # -

squaw asshat will have a close bib #.

wow i just looked and most of the people that run this are masshats.

what do you think chief? for me i think <2:00 is questionable at this point. i see a 1:45 comin out of price gun.

someone took a stupid pill.

L Train

I don't even know how far 25k is because I'm a dumb American.

Just multiply your 5k PR by 5 and shoot for that.

L Train

1:40:50 then.  OK.

factor in 12 badass hills. you're ok goin up but you're not that fast on the way down so you're doomed.  

L Train

factor in 12 badass hills.

This means you will have 12 periods of time when you will be running 10+ minute miles. You're doomed.  

Registration Confirmation

=====================================
                          Name - Gregory Cremer damitscoldhere@yahoo.com
                          Event Name - Around Cape Ann 25K Road Race
                          Event Date - 9/6/2010
                          ---- Category - 25K Road Race
                          Conf #

You're both doomed. 

10 mm going up, 4:30 coming down, 7:15 on the whole hill. rest of the 15.5 - i'll be conservative and say 7:15 again. that will give me 3 sec./mile above what the chief's doing for a flat 10 m. you're going to have to dig deep man. you have 3 weeks....nope more like 2.  and as for cremer, i can't effing tell cause all his workouts are defaults and in the 8mm range. cept that 1 <8 8m tm workout. he pulls 6:30's after running  for 18m is all i can go by. with YH, there maybe some potential to apply serious pressure. he is a loose cannon.......no clue how the hills will affect him. i place the target on him, get on it chief!

L Train

i'll be conservative and say 7:15 again. 

Then after I pass you around mile 5 you will be behind me the rest of the race. 

Rethought this a bit.  Supposedly because of the hills, the pace of this race is supposed to reflect your fall marathon pace.  So 7:15 would end up being outstanding for me.  Going out at 7:15 pace it is and let the chips fall where they may.

I agree, Cremer's a wild card because of all the default TM runs.  Or maybe because he used to have hair down to his ass.

and as for cremer, i can't effing tell cause all his workouts are awesome.  he is a loose cannon... i place the target on him

Make it a big target, so you can still see it when it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off in the distance ahead of you.

Seriously, though, I have no idea how to approach this race or what sort of time goal to set. "16 major hills" in a 15.5 mile race? And we're somehow supposed to extrapolate from that how we'll do at Baystate by running an equivalent pace? My knees hate going downhill. My two favorite descriptive words about Baystate are "flat" and "fast", so I dunno if that equation's gonna work for me.

That said, I still plan to crush both of you.