Circle North

St Thomas 5k - October 25th (Read 15 times)

Note - this is Saturday October 24th

Hi All - As we start our 2nd week of practice at Running Club I wanted to get this on the groups radar.  I know many of you have races and various family activities going on but I am looking for pacers.  This is a school fund raiser and you can register here.  You don't have to register to be a pacer but I am definitely looking for help.

Last year we had 6 students run sub 24 with the school winner, and reigning 2x school camp (Lewis Fink), coming in at 21:21 (paced by Greg2).  Lewis is a heavy favorite again this year as a 6th grader and will likely run low 20s or better.  Our 2nd place finisher ran 22:22 (paced by L Train).  We have 50 kids signed up this year.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Pacers

L Train (pending soccer)

Cremer

Dick

In.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

see dick run

Hi Steve count me in

L Train

My only possible conflict is soccer if one of my kids makes it further in the playoffs than I expect.  Ethan's team sucks and Ella's team has a shitty coach so yeah, I'm in.

see dick run

Hi Steve

Oct.25 is a Sun. Are you sure it isn't on Sat. Oct 24. because the race is usually on Sat.

You're right.

Fro

Pretty sure I'm in - not so sure about pacing (how I'm feeling) - but I'll be there to help out in any way I can...

The kids have 2 official practices before the 5k on Saturday and I only have about 4 or 5 kids that will break 24 minutes (and I'll be pacing Connor and Liam unless the state soccer tourney schedule screws us up).  Although I do have a handful of 4th graders that may come close.  The biggest question mark will be how fast Lewis Fink runs.  You may remember from last year that Greg2 paced him to a 21:21 when he was in 5th grade.  For whatever reason, he doesn't seem like he is in as good of shape as he was last year but he still has the potential to easily break 21 and possibly go even faster than that.  The kid has some serious natural ability.

My pacers as of today:

Greg C

L Train

Dick

Fro

Doug is a maybe

I also have several parents that lined up to pace.

Who else is in?  Where is Greg2, Rob, Egad, Gwen...etc?

Reconfirming my in-ness. Give me a nice easy mid-pack assignment, please and thank you.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Fro

I'm still in as well - but will also need a candy-ass assignment. Still broken.

L Train

Steve if I am in I can take Lewis (unless you actually get someone who knows how to run in which case yeah).

Hi All - Based on my convos with many of you I have the CN pacing list below.  Thanks for the several last minute additions from last night's shindig and the list is below.

I will see you all around 8:15 am on Saturday.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Pacer Kid1 Kid2 Kid3   Proj time Comments
                          Dick Michael Lucas     35 Lucas ran 32ish in 2014. Michael will be slower so stay with him
                          Michelle Azline Kora     35 5th grdrs who ran 37 last year. Keep them moving.Kora will likely pull ahead. 
                          Cremer John P Mia     25 5th grdrs - Both ran mid 26 last year and will likely be low 25.   Lots of ability for these 2
                          Alycia Miranda Shelby     26 5th, 4th grd. - Miranda ran sub 27 last year but Shelby is faster this year. 
                          Fro Andrew Eli     36 6th grdrs - Cameron is the wild card here and will likely move groups. Andrew should be running much faster but he has a tendency to give in but will likely break out. Run with Eli.
                          Todd ColinC Ben G Landon G Tanner 25 Todd McCann is the pacer for this group and running with son Tanner. Great guy.
                          Doug Eric L Finn     32 Doug - Eric and Finn will want to run with Todd's group but they are slower. 
                          Lance Lewis       21 Holding him back will be the challenge. 
                          Steve Connor Liam     23 Another 5k with my boy. I think this will his 9th or 10th. 
                          L Train

If we are supposed to be 21 flat then he is going to run me into the ground.   But I can probably use the beating at the hands of a 6th grader.  I have an orange and yellow pacer shirt already, so I will not need one.  Do you prefer I wear a certain color?

BTW, Lew must have been thrilled to learn he was going to have the opportunity to be yelled at by me for 21 minutes of life.

No bibs, show up at 8:30 and await direction?

I believe in you L Train.

Wear yellow if you have it.  8:30 for no registration is fine.

Lewis was psyched.  He said, "Tell Mr Hoenig I can't wait".

L Train

Orange it is.  I'll bring a segway.

In other news, Ethan's scheduled for games Saturday, Sunday and a double header next Saturday (Halloween!), all in Westbrook, and I don't even have Ella's schedule yet.  I seriously might just drive my jeep into a wall before Saturday.