Circle North

fah slick (Read 315 times)

Home Away From Home

I hate to get involved in the debate but I have lost 4 pds so far since Jan. 1. My goal is 160 down to 150.  My theory, eat healthy but eat enough to maintain the energy needed to run. If you have no energy to run then you don't burn calories.  I stay away from all deserts except one or 2 cookies every 3-4 days only if they offer ones I like. Now with me, I have learned over the years, my wieght varies a few pounds every day. I am always lighter first thing in the morning, i put on 2-3 during the day, loss 5 after a hard run, put a few back on after dinner. I don't worry about a pound or two up or down becaus next time I weigh it will be different. I also always weigh and compare at the same time. First thing in the AM for me. I use that figure and wait for it to be consistently the same for a few days before saying I have actually reached that weight. Just my thoughts.

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I hate to get involved in the debate but I have lost 4 pds so far since Jan. 1.

envolvement is encouraged. 4 lbs? that's a great # to pull in 8 days....not as good as me though. Wink

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

My salty dogs

envolvement is encouraged. 4 lbs? that's a great # to pull in 8 days....not as good as me though. Wink

So are we going to give a prize for the Biggest Loser?  If so,  my max as of 12/27 was 153.  I'm shooting for 140 by 4/16.

% wise (close to .09% weight loss) -- I'll be the Biggest Loser!   Any challengers?

Full discloser-- down to 149.4 as of this morning.

Home Away From Home

So are we going to give a prize for the Biggest Loser?  If so,  my max as of 12/27 was 153.  I'm shooting for 140 by 4/16.

% wise (close to .09% weight loss) -- I'll be the Biggest Loser!   Any challengers?

Full discloser-- down to 149.4 as of this morning.

I lost over 90 from before I met you all does that count?

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.

I lost over 90 from before I met you all does that count?

if all agree, start from the 1st....we're all fat. and holy crap!

L Train

I vote for first as well.  I'm only down from 228 though, so Sailor has be beat by far there.

My goal is 175 to 159, so I think I lose the Salty percentage game even if I succeed.  But I lose 11 minutes from my marathon, so I win.  Yay me. 

"Beep, Beep!"

From Facebook... what can I say!

<h6>

Diane McMillan Hoenig

So Lance kisses me (he had just shaved) and I noticed how soft and smooth his lips and skin were. He uses no moisturizers or lip stuff, runs outside 70 miles a week, barely washes his face, and certainly never exfoliates. So why is it that I am dry and scaly after daily pampering of my skin and lips?!</h6>

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

Oh good lord. 

gadman

Oh good lord. 

It must be the lack of beer

i can't get this song outah ma head....haha.

probably a little much fah ya. oh well.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1lTVYrObM

L Train

Cross post from Nobvby in the GSP:

Training is NOT to see if you can do whatever the schedule would tell you.  Training is NOT to do some impreseive workouts.  Training is, hopefully that's why people do "training", is to allow you to perform well on the day of the targetted race. 

Basically getting ready for races consists of 2 things--to get all the necessary ingredients developed (in this case, mainly running for a long time); and getting the best ability out of yourself on the day.  Most people, probably more than 95% of people, do the first one.  But have NO idea how to do the second one.  The first and atmost rule to that is that you cannot race well when you're not fresh and sharp.  Again, most people are way too damn tired by the time they toe the start-line.  Now that "sharp" is a tricky thing in the marathon.  

Like I said, DEVELOPMENT is all about what you do PRIOR TO 4-weeks-to-go.  And PEAKING is all about what you do in the final 3 or 4 weeks.  Most people do DEVELOPMENTAL workouts when they are supposed to be doing the PEAKING workouts.  Most people "only" do taper, but not peaking workouts.  But when or if they do, they do it way too fast and peak too eary--or in the case of marathoning, they run out of gas.   Some of you know exactly what I'm talking about. 

"Beep, Beep!"

What are you doing running in this heat in the hottest part of the day!? We missed you yesterday... it was fun but torture at the same time.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

L Train

What are you doing running in this heat in the hottest part of the day!? We missed you yesterday... it was fun but torture at the same time.

Thanks, wish I was there too.

I ran when the schedule allowed, but wasn't very bright with my route choice (no water).  Plus I forgot til just now that I bought salt tablets last summer that I think would help me a lot in the heat.   

"Beep, Beep!"

The other side of Lance!  Nervous before a 5K!

"Beep, Beep!"

HEY LANCE....

Thanks again for your hospitality and another wonderful Oktoberfest! t was great to have a chance to visit with all the CN crew!

TD