Circle North

for cparunner (Read 18 times)

coffee table book ?

L Train

It'll have pop-ups.

L Train

We're ruining Gwen's thread.  Or improving it.  I'm not sure which.

clearly improving it!! otherwise it would be a very boring thread, much like me. Fire away ladies and gentlemen and monkeys, whatever.

We're ruining Gwen's thread.  Or improving it.  I'm not sure which.

Do I get to pick the pop up that goes with my quote? I hope so...can I go by an alias so I can talk in salty language. friggin professional codes of ethics, blah blah blah

It'll have pop-ups.

That's encouraging, and I am hearing that more and more now.

I have vowed never to do that again after each of my marathons. Good luck

Wondered if you noticed I stopped half way through...I will try to get the rest of it in this week And make adjustments fort he long group runs I can coordinate and a couple races I have tentatively planned for. I'm in for the half at hamptons on 2/23. Possibly another half in early April. hoping to stay healthy.

I see your training plan is there but that looks like a very sharp drop off in your taper.  

Seriously, looks like a good recipe for a first marathon to me.  Make sure you are willing to adjust as needed for sickness, injury, life, increases in fitness or whatever.

what do you see that is concerning? Why am I going to blow up? Seriously, from a female perspective (knowing though that you could kick the ass of 99% of the guys in the area)  what am I not factoring in?

this doesn't absolve you from blame when she blows up.

L Train

From Rule 745(b), Section 31:

At which time cuch suggests that a runner will in fact "eat shit", "flame out", "splatter", "blow up" or other similar such description, it is with the express intent of ensuring that the aforementioned act does not, in fact, occur.

Of course, now that I went to look that up and quote it and everything, she's probably going to change it up, and you are screwed.  Or, she will make us think she is changing, but not changing.  Or maybe change/no change/change/no change change.

It's really tough to say.

what do you see that is concerning? Why am I going to blow up? Seriously, from a female perspective (knowing though that you could kick the ass of 99% of the guys in the area)  what am I not factoring in?

oh dear...were you not pre-debriefed before hitting the membership button? slicky's slackin.

well, i can some it up in one blurted out sentence. don'tlistentoanythingpostedbyrcuchandforgod'ssakedon'treply. there you go...all caught up.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Seriously, from a female perspective (knowing though that you could kick the ass of 99% of the guys in the area)  what am I not factoring in?

You saying there are 1% of guys who have a better female perspective than cuch?  It's got to be higher than that.

L Train,

i have had to modify my plan a bit over the past three weeks,and since this is only week 4, well that seems to indicate I am not on the plan.stuff came up (family illness > death, work, kids, vacation) , but know that I am doing my best to focus on the singular long weekend runs and the overall mileage during the week, ideally also as single runs but sometimes I may need to pull a double to get the numbers.

Anyway, as proof of my intention,the plan called for a 15 miler today, I did 17. That's good yes, but I forget to check my lap times. My plan was to hold a 9:20 throughout, looks like it was 8:40 overall. My bad. ThE point of this is to say I am still using the plan and thank you for putting it together for me. Also thanks to the others (Eric, Greg, Kim, Bob, Dave, Doug, Tom, Michelle, etc.) who have encouraged me and answered questions along the way. I know I could not undertake this task without the group support.

gadman

have a donut for me tomorrow. I will try to run 10 tomorrow with a group here. I am wondering if you were invited to the Superbowl Party at my house tomorrow. You may have feel through the cracks. Let me know you would definitely be welcome.Lots from the run group will be there actually almost all are from the group.

L Train

In your situation (and really, most of ours), the plan is just sort of a blueprint.  With kids and life and sicknesses and whatever, most of us have to be willing to stray and adapt.  I very rarely have a single week where everything goes according to plan.

Weekly mileage is most important, next would be the long run and getting one key workout (with the most important of those being the long tempo).  If you are getting all this in most every week then you are doing fine.

As for the 17, congrats.  Don't worry too much about pace.  McMillan probably puts your easy run pace anywhere between 8:15 and 9:15 (I didn't even look just guessing) depending on the many factors of each day.  So don't run unnaturally slow just because the paper says you should.  Just be careful on the day or two AFTER the long run, at least at first.  You can tell a lot (or I can) about the shape you are in by how much a long run does or does not destroy you for the next day.

Good work.

Thanks and Will do. recovery run was 5 miles at 8:59 minute mile. Feel pretty good, gonna take tomorrow off entirely.