Circle North

PRESENTING... (Read 19 times)

yeah...after that tm run i did tuesday it sure feels like it.

fuck..c is home. he'll ruin everything.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Well, have fun with that. I jogged 6 miles tonight and I'm really tired. Goodnight.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Well, have fun with that. I jogged 6 miles tonight and I'm really tired. Goodnight.

gadman

Greetings from the west, Cuch this is a very neat idea . I did not see Antone yesterday will look for him today I still have to give him Scorpio's saw buck.

ok this is the deal...there are 20 of u that check this site on an almost daily whatever basis. i certainly hope more than the handful-whatever of people do this. just commit...ur gonna run anyways.

giving antone 30 bucks will be embarrassing and will piss me off quite frankly.

I really hate Loco Mike now.  In.

So, here's the deal. My training plan calls for me to do a tune-up race on Saturday, March 7'th of any distance I want between 8k and 15k. I'm supposed to do it full-out, preferably in an actual race. Since there is no such race that I can make that day, I've come up with Plan B, and that's where you come in...

THE FIRST ANNUAL CIRCLE NORTH VIRTUAL FAKE RACE!!!

The date: Saturday, March 7'th, 2015.

The distance: 5 miles.

The venue: Anywhere you want. Inside, outside, at home, the Y, whatever.

The time: Anytime you want that day.

The rules: As you can see above, you can run the distance pretty much anytime, anywhere that day. The catch is that, on the honor system, nobody is allowed to come on RA and log stalk the other participants times until AFTER they themselves have run. This is, after all, a race. If you do it at the Y and somebody else is in there doing it at the same time, the honor system applies there too, no peeking at their display. Everybody runs blind, nobody knows what anybody else ran until after the fact. You run the best time you can, and post it.

Yes, this is entirely self-serving for me and my plan but I think it could be fun, too. The following day is the cat-herding run from my house and I will award a prize to the winner, and probably some other prizes as well. You need not show up at my house to claim your prize, but it'd be a lot cooler if you did.

So, who's in??? (If you are in, please let me know before the day of the race.)

OFFICIAL ENTRANTS

Greg C

Mad-Mike

Fro

Rob_K

rcuch

beaulieume

ACrosby

gadman

In,I plan on coming in last

Randall

I am running a 5k that day can I add the rest of miles later that day?

Hey it is 85 and Sunny today

Bob, you're in, and can do it any damn way you want. Just remember to post your result here by Sunday morning.

Alrighty then, CNVFRs... Tomorrow's the day. Remember, run 5 miles, any way, anywhere, anytime tomorrow you want. NO PEEKING at what anybody else did until you have completed your run. Make sure to log or otherwise make sure I can get your result in time for Sunday morning's fabulous awards ceremony.

My money, btw, is not on me. I'm predicting myself either 2'nd or 3'rd. I bumped up 1 spot only because Alicia's out.

Good luck and thanks for participating in my dumbass idea.

MTA: Registration closes 6 a.m.tomorrow, so if you haven't let me know you're in yet, make sure you do it by then or you are NOT in.

GregM

Just getting back to town.  I'm in, as previously indicated, but I won't be running this at 6am.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

If I get no exceptions that's fine, but I didn't see this last night.  I don't think anyone has run yet.  But I'll be running 5 miles today so if you'll accept it I'm in.  Pretty sure I won't be winning any fabulous prizes and can't be there to accept them even if I do.

Awesome.  You're going to come in, after weeks of sloth, and kick my ass.  Good to see you back at it.  Go get it L!

If I get no exceptions that's fine, but I didn't see this last night.  I don't think anyone has run yet.  But I'll be running 5 miles today so if you'll accept it I'm in.  Pretty sure I won't be winning any fabulous prizes and can't be there to accept them even if I do.

L Train

So we post here then?  I've bandited the race but will post anyway.  33:10.

I took the 7:20 pace group in with a 36:36.