Circle North

For Doug Beaulieu (Read 435 times)

Pffft. A couple days later than last year. Slipping.

Last year was a leap year.

1 beaulieumeAdministrator 2003.69 mi 295:54:33.07

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

50+ miles in the 6 days following a 3:32 marathon.  One of the more impressive things I've seen.

50+ miles in the 6 days following a 3:32 marathon.  One of the more impressive things I've seen.

Will you ever see this occur again and still think it is one of the more impressive things you've seen? Or will it be of a lesser value in your mind the second...third...78th time in occurrence, therefore being downgraded more and more to a so what and then made common practice? does this now have to be beat in run miles 6 days after and or speed of race to award impression? What if the number of days is reduced?  Each time or every few marathons cycles? Now that to me is worth tuning in to.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Maybe more like "damn, I don't think I could have ever done that", even when I was running.  Which doesn't necessarily make it true and there are nearly unlimited things that can be said about.  Bigger better now.

Fro

Yeah - I tend to think there is value to looking at a member of our group in awe of what they do - not so much in a way that is centered on "besting" them, but just in admiration. For instance - there is no way in hell this diesel-like body is ever going to run 65 miles in a week, much less throw down 50 miles the week after a marathon. Nor do I have a desire to do so - but that doesn't tarnish the achievement, nor would it be tarnished if someone "bested" it two months later or defined success in a different way.

I think it's good enough to say - holy shit Doug - that is one awesome effort and just leave it at that. If there is one thing I've learned from each and every one of you - we run for ourselves and should love what we do. Period. We don't all love the same things. We don't all get off on the same things when it comes to running. Nor do we all agree on the "best" way to train (learned that the hard way last week). That's because we are all different and might love different aspects of running. It's good enough for me to LOVE what I do. Good enough for me to meet my goals and push through crap to see my body perform. Might not love what you all love or agree with thoughts you might have - that's OK.

The other aspect to this - and one I really respect form the group - we are all here to share that love of running and to help make each other better (and at times commiserate when it gets hard or if we fall short). If we stop being that group that throws in a "that a boy" every once and awhile - then why bother. Just go run by yourself and be a miserable cuss. Might sound "soft" and "mushy" - but I hope each and every one of you kick ass in your own way - not the way I think you should, but in the way in which you feel/measure success. Our days are numbered in this sport - gonna choose to love what I do and those I choose to do it with - I look up to each and every one of you - period! You all do shit I couldn't dream of doing (some I would never do).

Sorry for the long response - guess it's been on my mind recently.

Well said.

Yeah - I tend to think there is value to looking at a member of our group in awe of what they do - not so much in a way that is centered on "besting" them, but just in admiration. For instance - there is no way in hell this diesel-like body is ever going to run 65 miles in a week, much less throw down 50 miles the week after a marathon. Nor do I have a desire to do so - but that doesn't tarnish the achievement, nor would it be tarnished if someone "bested" it two months later or defined success in a different way.

I think it's good enough to say - holy shit Doug - that is one awesome effort and just leave it at that. If there is one thing I've learned from each and every one of you - we run for ourselves and should love what we do. Period. We don't all love the same things. We don't all get off on the same things when it comes to running. Nor do we all agree on the "best" way to train (learned that the hard way last week). That's because we are all different and might love different aspects of running. It's good enough for me to LOVE what I do. Good enough for me to meet my goals and push through crap to see my body perform. Might not love what you all love or agree with thoughts you might have - that's OK.

The other aspect to this - and one I really respect form the group - we are all here to share that love of running and to help make each other better (and at times commiserate when it gets hard or if we fall short). If we stop being that group that throws in a "that a boy" every once and awhile - then why bother. Just go run by yourself and be a miserable cuss. Might sound "soft" and "mushy" - but I hope each and every one of you kick ass in your own way - not the way I think you should, but in the way in which you feel/measure success. Our days are numbered in this sport - gonna choose to love what I do and those I choose to do it with - I look up to each and every one of you - period! You all do shit I couldn't dream of doing (some I would never do).

Sorry for the long response - guess it's been on my mind recently.

That’s what I meant.

You're right

This is why I suck

Impressive things - Stalk Rob's run tonight. Click on "graphs". Look at where the line goes at the end, as he and Andy were kicking to the finish.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Would have liked seeing that live (from a chair of course).

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

Commenting on the group name.