Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Good luck Beantown runners. Run hard, be safe, and don't take any shit from the massholes (especially Doug).

Fro

Hey, plan calls for a race this weekend - and I'm sick of fake races - anyone up for racing on saturday morning 10am - found this one that is cheap and close (but probably not the best race in the world - but it will do):

http://www.active.com/dayton-me/running/distance-running-races/dayton-community-5k-walk-and-kids-fun-run-2017?cmp=39-34-156210&ltcmp=254301&ltclickid=09_88821670_a0981e25-34a5-41ba-bf14-d98ac7d96835&cmp=39-34

Anyone up for it?

Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.

Interesting. Near as I can tell that race is actually on the new track, though there's nowhere it actually says that for sure.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.

Interesting. Near as I can tell that race is actually on the new track, though there's nowhere it actually says that for sure.

Somebody I work with told me that race is on the track. Not sure where he found this info though.

I was thinking about it before seeing it posted here. Still undecided.

Fro

Cool - I'm gonna sign up either today or just show up... about 80% in...

Upon further consideration, I think I'm gonna say the nay no to that race. Tomorrow looks like the much more pleasant of the 2 weekend days for a "long" run, so that will be the plan. That said, I'd say it's extremely likely I'll do that Acton Applefest 5k next week.

I'll do that Acton Applefest 5k 

Yep, I believe I will. Seems like a brilliant idea.

Doug just ran a 3:23:44 at the Maine Marathon today.  Sneaky elitist bastard.  Great work and welcome back to Boston.

Randall

Yep, I believe I will. Seems like a brilliant idea.

How do you change a 3.1 mile race into a 3.5 mile races ?

Ask Greg C

How do you change a 3.1 mile race into a 3.5 mile races ?

Ask Greg C

Skill, pure skill.

Just saw Coolrunning has it listed as a 3.5k which makes it look just that much better heh. Also, it looks like someone's phone number somehow made it into the results. I'm probably the only person who will ever look at them, though, so there's that.

In far more important news, WTG Doug, impressively doing Doug things.

"Beep, Beep!"

Congrats Doug on BQ

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Thanks.

GregM ran the Maine half yesterday and also had a good day. So congrats to him too. Nice to run in perfect conditions.

Fro

Goin back to Boston! Congrats Doug!

Looking at the weather forecast for Chicago, it seems the key will be to run really, really fast and get done before it gets too hot. There ya go, race plan set. You're welcome. Good luck.

Fro

Brilliant deduction Gregory!

Looking at the weather forecast for Chicago, it seems the key will be to run really, really fast and get done before it gets too hot. There ya go, race plan set. You're welcome. Good luck.