Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

Significant pickup for ML from 25k to 30k, Fro holding steadyish.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

GregM

Mad Mike is crushing it.  His 5k split pace at 30km is 7:24.  That compares to 7:31, 7:35, 7:37, 7:46 (at 20km), and 7:33 (at 25km).  So he's looking like he'll be finishing with negative splits.  Fro is hanging in there.  His 5k split pace at 30km is 7:47, or just 2 seconds behind his 25km split pace of 7:45.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

"Beep, Beep!"

ML 1:47 ahead of Fro at 30K. ML pace now at 7:24, Fro at 7:47.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

ML 7:27 pace from 30 to 35k. Fro almost there.

Fro 8:09 pace for that 5k. The fight is on.

"Beep, Beep!"

ML at 35K at 7:27... on pace for a sub 3:18. Fro pace now at 8:09. Come on Fro.... hang in there. Projecting 3:22:41 for him.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

ML's last twio Chicagos

10/9/2016 Run

Chicago marathon

Race 26.2 mi 3:17:17 7:32
              10/11/2015 Run

Chicago marathon

Race 26.2 mi 3:21:05 7:41

MF's Chicago

10/11/2015 Run

Chicago Marathon

Race 26.7 mi 3:38:56 8:12

GregM

My prediction:  Mad Mike will PR.  His projected finish based on his average pace (7:32) is 3:17:27.  But his last 5k split (at 40km) is 7:25.  Fro is currently 5 minutes behind, but that will likely be 6 minutes at the finish.  So I predict 3:23 for Fro.  While his BQ is 3:25, he might not have enough cushion to get in for 2019.

Update:  Fro is 5:55 behind at 40km, and his projected finish based on average pace (7:44) is 3:22:40.  His current pace at 40km is 8:09.

My prediction:  Mad Mike will PR.  His projected finish based on his average pace (7:32) is 3:17:27.  But his last 5k split (at 40km) is 7:25.  Fro is currently 5 minutes behind, but that will likely be 6 minutes at the finish.  So I predict 3:23 for Fro.  While his BQ is 3:25, he might not have enough cushion to get in for 2019.

ML might squeak out a Chicago PR but his overall PR (at Sugarloaf) isn't in play.

Dammit, Fro seems stuck at 40k, hope it's a tracking glitch...

GregM

Fro just PR'd with 3:16:20!  Correction:  That was Mad Mike.

3:16:20!

MTA: I love how his icon on the map is just standing there now.

GO FRO!

"Beep, Beep!"

ML 3:16:20. Great surge

"Beep, Beep!"

ML finished not Fro

ML finished not Fro

Yep, just hoping Fro isn't actually stopped at 40k.

GregM

So what's going on with Fro?  Is he stopped?

GregM

ML might squeak out a Chicago PR but his overall PR (at Sugarloaf) isn't in play.

What's Mad Mike's overall PR?  Looks like his last mile and a half pace (after 40km) was 6:43.  Nice!  That's a fast finish.