Circle North

CN: At the Races (Read 1002 times)

L Train

WTF? 

I saw my "official" results today and they read 19:12, not 19:05.  Thing is, I thought I was being conservative saying 19:05 because I thought the clock said 19:03 or :04 when I crossed the line.  I was already eating a banana and having some coffee at 19:12. 

Anyway, I've changed that time on my log, which changes my PR.  Gotta go withe the official time and thought I should fess up here.  Your goal just got closer, Cremah.   

that's ok...you'll still get the barbaro award...i'll bring it tomorrow night. you can keep it till cremah kicks your ass...then it's his.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

that's ok...you'll still get the barbaro award...i'll bring it tomorrow night. you can keep it till cremah kicks your ass...then it's his.

Can't wait.  This should be good.

don't paw the ground over it...you could cause damage to yourself or the facilities.

Nah, sub 19's still just as far away as ever. Hopefully the award will get renamed by then. Is it for any taking any PR or just 5k?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Good one.  We need the rules laid out in advance, please, along with maybe a question/answer format.

technically, it should go to race winner's but then slick will have it forever.  it's just a silly thing anyways and i can't rename it......we could always come up with some other award if you'd rather for pr's or whatevah.......up for discussion....or not.

L Train

posted: 11/23/2010 at 2:31 AM

My salty dogs

PRs? Better make that post 40 PRs or I only have a shot if it is a marathon. How about we start a tread with all PRs listed. Jim would have us all hands down but also be out of the running given your "rules"

My salty dogs

I'm running 1/2 tomorrow.  I have know idea what to expect. While I have logged some good miles and run up to 18 - I'm still heavier that I've ever raced.

Taking it as a training run with targeted 1/2 in January. 

Sub 1:28 is my first goal, if for some reason I'm able to go faster a sub 1:25 would be huge.   In January I hope to be shooting for closer to 1:20.

Dallas Marathon & 1/2 

A little over 1:24 -- (no real results yet)  felt great.  Now to lose another 8 pounds and bust 1:22 in January - maybe even sub 1:20.

GregM

Salty, that's huge.  Nice job.  Looking forward to seeing you later this month.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

L Train

Wow Dave, nice job.  That has to feel good being ahead of schedule. 

"Beep, Beep!"

Congrats to Michelle for 1st overall female in the 4 mile Toys for Tots race in Merrimack!!!!Shy

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

Congrats to Michelle for 1st overall female in the 4 mile Toys for Tots race in Merrimack!!!!Shy

awesomeness!

Hey coach, that's a win, so she gets her very own Barbaro award, right?

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.