Circle North

Boston 2011 (Read 282 times)

GregM

Just seeing this, Dave.  Pretty cool.  You are the real deal computer guru.

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

My salty dogs

Hey Dave, put down the delicious European beer and back sloooowly away. There we go. Now let's see, a few answers I know...

No more trips in sight-- I'm hoping that by just laying off the euro beer and dining out will let me at least drop a couple.

I feel strong but with no races under my legs I have know idea what I can do. The distance isn't and issue  but holding 6:32 or 6;52 is what I don't know at this point.

Cheers,

Chubby Dave

"Beep, Beep!"

"The body does not want you to do this. As you run, it tells you to stop but the mind must be strong. You always go too far for your body. You must handle the pain with strategy...It is not age; it is not diet. It is the will to succeed." - Jacqueline Gareau, 1980 Boston Marathon champ

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

"Beep, Beep!"

Marathon Racing Tip... Gu's/Gel's - Reno Stirrat 

The first few gu's/gel's are the most important so your energy is there when you need it.  No one should hit the wall because they depleted.  Start at 3 miles, take another at 6 miles then one at the 1/2 marathon, 15 miles, 18 miles, and the last one if needed at 21 miles.  The longer your out running the more important they become.  Faster runners may need two less, but the first two should be taken and its also easier early on in the race.

Life's journey is not to arrive safely to the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming ... WOW! What a ride!

GregM

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ma/boston/02101/forecast-details.asp?fday=15

Low 34, High 46.  Looks great, except for the head wind.  Actually, I'd prefer an extra 20 degrees.  The 12-degree range is good, though.  Lance, I suppose this is perfect for you.  I'm glad that you won't be worried about overheating.

L Train

Well it is only 15 days away so the good news is this is likely to be extremely accurate. 

gonna let off some steam...I HAVE LOST ALL FUCKIN EXCITEMENT FOR THIS FUCKIN MARATHON!!!  IT CAN TAKE ALL IT'S FUCKIN HYPE, AND SHOVE IT RIGHT UP IT"S FUCKIN ASS!!! YES I KNOW WHAT GROUP I"M IN...I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!! ah yes... that's bettah.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

I'm happy you got that off your chest. Now, GET F*ING EXCITED AGAIN!!! It's the Boston F*ing Marathon! And we GET to do it! We don't HAVE to, we GET to. Even if to varying degrees we're sort of broken, and it's unlikely we'll have the race we'd like to have, so what? It's still awesome!

There. This has been your Matt Foley Motivational Speaker moment for today. I'll now return to my van, down by the river.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

I'm happy you got that off your chest. Now, GET F*ING EXCITED AGAIN!!! It's the Boston F*ing Marathon! And we GET to do it! We don't HAVE to, we GET to. Even if to varying degrees we're sort of broken, and it's unlikely we'll have the race we'd like to have, so what? It's still awesome!

There. This has been your Matt Foley Motivational Speaker moment for today. I'll now return to my van, down by the river.

Yeah, what the eff is your problem, cuch?  It's gonna be so awesome.  Life's so rad.  Catcha later bras!

Sweet!

why am i the one with the fuckin balls to swear around he-ah?

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

L Train

Because Gadman gets angry if we swear but he sort of likes it when you do.

Plus, I'm happy and content so I have no reason to swear.   

Are you runnin tonight by chance? 

GregM

gonna let off some steam...I HAVE LOST ALL FUCKIN EXCITEMENT FOR THIS FUCKIN MARATHON!!!  IT CAN TAKE ALL IT'S FUCKIN HYPE, AND SHOVE IT RIGHT UP IT"S FUCKIN ASS!!! YES I KNOW WHAT GROUP I"M IN...I DON'T GIVE A SHIT!!! ah yes... that's bettah.

Contrary to the steam-venting theory, my understanding is that outbursts of this kind do not lessen stress but add to it, leading to further outbursts of increasing frequency and intensity.  What do you all think?  Is this a pattern?  Wink  (Just razzin' you, Robin.  Running Boston is a fantastic experience without regard to one's finishing time.  In some respects, I missed a lot of this last year because I was so focused on my time.  If I don't have that problem this year (my hope), I'll be sure to take in as much as I can, thereby compensating for the loss of competitiveness.)

I'm now going to go eat a big fat piece of delicious cake and think up the next thing I'm going to argue so that I can convince myself it's true.