Circle North

2018 MC relay (Read 11 times)

Fro

Ok all - who's interested in this? I know it's kinda early to be thinking of this - but I think it would be awesome if we could somehow get a CN team together for this and try to get the WCRC to keep us together. I would be willing to take the crap leg in this if we could get a team together and head down as a team. We would need 5 people... Anyone??? Let me know and I'll try to follow up with the new coordinator (Laurie is also helping) to see if we can do it. I've already responded to her and introduced the idea.

Mike

PS - if we can't stay together, then maybe we could get her to keep a group of us on the same leg. Might even be better to run against each other on the long leg.

Here is the information:

The Mill Cities Relay will be run on Sunday December 3, 2017. This is the Running Club Championship of the Merrimac Valley: a relay team race open to invited "mill cities" clubs only (including the Winners Circle Running Club). The Mill Cities Relay is an "all hands on deck" event for the club. All WCRC club members are encouraged to participate. There is NO LIMIT to the number of WCRC relay teams. There is NO COST for WCRC members who participate (the club pays all race fees). EVERYONE has a good time! Check out the past results (http://millcitiesrelay.com​), you'll see that WCRC has been an important "player" at Mill Cities for many years.

The five relay legs are 5.5, 4.75, 2.5, 9.5, and 4.75 miles. You can check out the course maps at http://millcitiesrelay.com​. The course follows the river and all of the legs are relatively fast. There are some minor ups and downs, but there are no mountains between Nashua and Lawrence. There are men's, women's, and mixed teams in 18+, 30+, 40+, 50+, 60+, and 70+ age divisions. The relay starts at 8:00 AM. The racing is wrapped up by noon, but there is a great multi-club post-race runners party at the Claddagh Pub at the finish line in Lawrence that makes it worth staying into the afternoon if you can.

WCRC Team Coordinator Scarlette Smith is in charge of organizing the WCRC teams, with help from Laurie Gaudreau (and others). If you would like to participate on a WCRC team at Mill Cities, send the following information to Scarlette at  wcrcteams@runthecircle.org. DON'T BE SHY, VOLUNTEER TO RUN FOR THE CLUB. IF YOU SUBMIT YOUR NAME YOU WILL BE PUT ON A TEAM - NO ONE GETS LEFT OUT.​

--------------------------

Name:

Age on December 3, 2017:

Email address:

Telephone number (CELL NUMBER PREFERRED):

Typical pace per mile (or time) in a 10k race:

Time-of-day/leg restrictions or desires:

--------------------------

PLEASE EMAIL ALL OF THE INFORMATION ABOVE TO SCARLETTE AT wcrcteams@runthecircle.org.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THE CLUB PAYS YOUR ENTRY FEE ($20 PER PERSON), BUT IN RETURN IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU ARE RUNNING FOR THE CLUB. Chris has the task of organizing 100+ runners into 20+ teams and he needs to be free to place individuals into spots that will maximize the club's overall scoring.

To early to fully commit, but I would be game... if we could get a Circle North team.

In regards to:

PS - if we can't stay together, then maybe we could get her to keep a group of us on the same leg. Might even be better to run against each other on the long leg.

Just scrap this, as it would only matter on the first or second leg.

Based on our demographics, seems the the best chance we have is get 5 of us to make a full Mens 40+ WCRC B team or something.

- Mad Mike /  Doug / Fro / Greg M / Greg C / LTrain / Scorps / Andy / Me

- Dave (probably should run for WCRC older teams if he was going to go)

We would just need 5 to commit.

What was I chasing again?

Ok all - who's interested in this? I know it's kinda early to be thinking of this - but I think it would be awesome if we could somehow get a CN team together for this and try to get the WCRC to keep us together. I would be willing to take the crap leg in this if we could get a team together and head down as a team. We would need 5 people... Anyone??? 

https://youtu.be/gz_Z_pQWQOQ

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

GregM

Looks like Fro, Mad-Mike, and Alicia are all positioned on the 4th leg.  I have informed Scarlett that I need to be also, as I don't plan on going down separately.  Anyone else from our area doing this?

Older, slower, and trying to keep up with Tall Dave.

Fro

I know - not sure why they put you in the first leg?? I think it's just us four. Makes it much easier if we are all on the same leg.

Fro

Greg, any update????

Fro

OK - looks like you have been successful in changing legs Greg - good job. Your team looks strong too....

How bout details - wanna meet at the Y and head down? Anyone able to drive? I don't mind playing DD for the drive home. Greg - how did we deal with the car shifting last time we both ran the 9 mile leg? I can't seem to remember? Do we need to get someone from our team to drop one of us off and take the car to the end of the 9 mile leg???

Let me know - Im game for anything.

Fro

Oh - and I plan on heading down on thursday nite to pick up our umbers if need be. Gonna try and see if Laurie can do it for us first.