Diabetic Runners

New member: MN_Don (Read 312 times)

Hello fellow diabetic runners! As I am new to this forum, let me briefly introduce myself. I am 48 years old, diagnosed with type 1 seven years ago. I am using Levemir (basal) and Nololog insulins. I have completed three marathons since being diagnosed, my most recent this October in Ashland WI. I live in Minnesota and run year round outdoors. My blood sugars are in very good control, thanks much to running. I like to share experience with other diabetics and learn from them as well. Question, is that a way to subscribe to this forum so that updates can be sent to me?
    Don www.pelicancabin.com
      Hi Don, and welcome! I'm also a type 1, diagnosed just before my 10th birthday so I barely remember life without diabetes. I have run 2 marathons, but have not been running as much as I should lately Cry As far as I know, there is no way to subscribe to the forums.

The voice of mile 18

hi don. welcome to the site. that would be a great option but I don't know how to do it

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

Welcome, Don- Sadly, no e-mail or RSS updates as of yet... It would be nice. Smile

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.