Half Marathon Trainers

Intrepid Racers - May 5 (Read 19 times)

an amazing likeness

First weekend of May is upon us and we're really getting into the meat of the spring racing season.  Like the sun and the greening grass, the races are moving steadily north.

May 4 hog4life Decatur Steeplechase 8K 8KM Decatur, AL
    May 5 sazen Pittsburgh Half 13.1 mi Pittsburgh, PA
    May 5 runningmum Flying Pig Half 13.1 mi Cincinnati, OH
    May 5 jedigunnie26.2 Frederick Running Fest Half 13.1 mi Frederick, MD
    May 5 Docket_Rocket Puerto Rico Marathon 26.2 mi San Juan, PR
    May 5 Daneda Spring Backyard Burn Trail Run #5 5 mi Fairfax Station, VA

Wishing all our racers following winds, nimble feet and easy opening miles. Bring it home strong to the finish.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

redleaf

Good luck and have fun everyone!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

hog4life

Good luck everyone!

MT, I got me an 8k in the morning. I thought I put it in the races thread but maybe I forgot.

Decatur Steeple Chase 8K

Decatur AL

goal is sub 39, but there is 80% chance of rain, so have no idea. Anyone got any tips for racing in th rain ?

an amazing likeness

MT, I got me an 8k in the morning. I thought I put it in the races thread but maybe I forgot.

Nope, nope...bad cut 'n paste from the table on my part. Sorry.

hog4life

Quick check in, I'll get a RR up later. 42 degrees and steady rain made for a miserable run that I decided not to race. Came in with a time of 40:57 which was good for 2nd in AG. Compare this to last year's time of 39:36 that was 6th in AG, and you can tell all the fast old guys stayed home.

Edit: the race report is posted.

Rondog65

I ran the “Run to The Top” in Provincetown, a fundraiser for the Fire Fighters cancer relief fund.  The monument stands 252 feet, 7.5 inches tall and rises 350 feet above sea level.  The Monument consists of 116 stairs and 60 ramps.  The Pilgrim Monument is the tallest all-granite structure in the United States.  The race went well and I got a 2:35.4 PR and 1st place in my division, last year I won my division with 2:55.5.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

an amazing likeness

I'm off on a last-minute decision to run a local 5K at 5PM on 5/5. Between yesterday and this morning...ran 16mi in the last 24 hours...so this wont be pretty. Plus it's windy and the course is hilly. And I'm just starting to get regular miles in weekly, and haven't done any speed work, and I'm old and fat. Ok, got all my excuses out...let's see what happens.

Posted a 22:36, legs were tired and dead from the start. I do not enjoy 5Ks. Period.

an amazing likeness

I ran the “Run to The Top” in Provincetown, a fundraiser for the Fire Fighters cancer relief fund.  The monument stands 252 feet, 7.5 inches tall and rises 350 feet above sea level.  The Monument consists of 116 stairs and 60 ramps.  The Pilgrim Monument is the tallest all-granite structure in the United States.  The race went well and I got a 2:35.4 PR and 1st place in my division, last year I won my division with 2:55.5.

Well. that's unique!  Sounds like a heck of an stair climb effort...ouch.

an amazing likeness

Looking for results from racers...I have:

hog4life ==> 40:57, 2nd AG

runningmum ==> 2:17:25 (from running101 forum)

Others....if you've got 'em post 'em, or if you know 'em for someone else, post 'em. Thanks.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Sorry I have been MIA but it's been 4 weeks since the internet at home has been consistent, grrrrrr.  I did the PR Marathon and it was 100F and 79 dewpoint so I didn't break any records (5:36:31) while getting a nice tan.  The RR is posted on the B&B and in my blog if interested.

Great job, everybody!

Damaris