Half Marathon Trainers

February 2017 Running (Read 12 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Well, I started my month with race registrations. My fall goal race opened registration at noon yesterday so I signed my daughter and I up for the Friday night 5K (my first race in the dark!) and the Saturday 5K (our fourth year running it) and then I'll do my goal half on Sunday. It's a really fun weekend. I'll volunteer too, likely package pickup and an early shift at the expo. Apparently this is the year I'm going to do lots of races. Next one is Hypothermic 10k on Feb 26. Smile

What's going on, runners? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

hog4life

January was a decent month for me; I ended with 86 miles which is pretty high for me lately. I hope February will be closer to 100 with me trying to get in some longer runs in prep for Little Rock. This could prove to be a challenge with our busy lifestyle these days.

February is starting off much like January for me: way too much downtime. This month I got sick, then travelled for work, then got lazy. I hope I stopped the bleeding this weekend.

From the Internet.

Hey HMTers!

I'm on school vacation this week - so much time to spend on the internet and running and napping! Making yogurt and bran muffins for the week today.

Ran my 10 mile race yesterday as part of a 17 mile long run. Ran an hour mostly easy before the race, averaged just under 8:00 pace for the 10, took a gel split across two water stations and didn't puke even after kicking it up a notch for the last mile, so it was a successful day! 62 and 63 miles the last two weeks, aiming for 66 this week.

Next up: New Bedford Half Marathon on March 19. I'll be going into it mostly-untapered and I have a recovery week after, so I'm going to run it hard and try to hit 1:40. If I can do that without destroying my legs, I think the BQ will be well within reach in May.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Impressive numbers, Lauren! You can do it!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.