Half Marathon Trainers

January: New Year, New Start (Read 29 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 8 and weights tonight.

And just as I put all the races on the schedule, my husband injured himself and some of the races (traveling races) are not going to happen.  Sigh.

ayola, nice job on the runs.

Damaris

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hi guys!

Started off the year yesterday with a short run around my local park. Pretty day with a light snow, my neighbourhood was shiny and bright.

This morning treadmill season officially begins -15*C with a goodly wind. I'm drinking my tea and waiting for the gym to open - working my way back up to hour + runs on the machine..... Hoping for 4 or 5 miles. I'll add a mile each go, I think my limit is 10 miles/ 2 hours, before brain freeze sets in, ha!

Happy Saturday, A

I can't wait to get back to -15*C. We had 6" of snow Friday and immediately dropped into the Arctic freeze. Windchill -39*C most of yesterday and today. Tomorrow looks the same. WohooO! DM! Can someone post about their outdoor runs so I can live vicariously through them?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

emmbee

queen of headlamps

Easy 20 minute run today.  Good to get back out on the pavement.  My build-up phase starts in three weeks, so I'm trying to ease into it, and working up the courage to run on the (flat) snow-covered trails...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I ended up taking off yesterday due to a migraine.  6 miles tonight.

Damaris

hog4life

Docket, I should revisit to see about the discounts. If I remember correctly, there wasn't much opportunity for me to use them(around here).

We are supposed to be in the teens by later in the week, time to break out the tights!

I can't wait to get back to -15*C. We had 6" of snow Friday and immediately dropped into the Arctic freeze. Windchill -39*C most of yesterday and today. Tomorrow looks the same. WohooO! DM! Can someone post about their outdoor runs so I can live vicariously through them?

Nope I cannot  - ha!  - I'm totally a weather wimp. I struggle in -10*C.

Today 40 minutes on the treadmill before getting back to the office.

Happy monday, A

Recalculating...

hog4life

Ha, D, I signed up for another year of HF.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha, D, I signed up for another year of HF.

LMFAO.  To me, it's cheaper to register for life.  At least on the long run.

Damaris

emmbee

queen of headlamps

3 miles today.  Fiddling with my new heart rate monitor.  Not really sure what to make of it yet -- yesterday I didn't have it seated properly so it read that my heart rate stayed very low, today it said I was in the high 170s for most of the workout, which seems a bit much for what I perceived to be a gentle jog.

35 degrees here today, but alas the mountain inversion has set in and the air quality was yuck-o.   Left leg is still sore and it gets tight quickly, but it no longer feels injured, just cranky.  I feel like I don't have a lot of power and it's showing in my paces, but now I think I just need time on my feet.

Elliptical and deadlifts tomorrow, I think.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  My 6 last night were horrid because it was too hot, too humid, and too bad for my asthma.  I am still coughing, but will try 6 with 2 at MP tonight.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Hi HMTers!

Achy shin yesterday led me to nix my planned medium long run and head to the gym for strength stuff instead. First time back in the gym post-hernia surgery, my body feels like it's made of wood today. Shin feels totally normal today, and TBH it looked like it might have just been a bruise when I was looking at it under the harsh gym lights. I'll probably test it out with a few miles tomorrow, rest up Sunday, then as long as the shin is still OK I'll be jumping into 18 weeks of half marathon prep starting on Monday. Exciting!

Met with my coach on Wednesday to come up with a loose plan. I'll be increasing my long run by a half mile every couple weeks with a cutback now and then, with the intent of peaking at 14-15 miles, keep the midweek MLR, and I'll be starting to add a little faster work back in too - nothing crazy, just one workout per week of either hills, pickups, progression run, whatever I feel like that gets my legs moving a bit faster than GHMP. I'm also supposed to gradually work on running the long runs faster than my recovery/shorter easy runs - he wants me to get to the point where I'm comfortable running long runs 30-45s slower than GHMP. My A goal is a little aggressive so if that pace doesn't happen for long runs closer to race day I'll be adjusting my expectations for the race accordingly.

Hi guys,

This week so far,

M - 40 min treadmill run, T - weight training, W - spin class, R - rest, and today another 45 min treadmill run - threw in some HM pace here and there just for fun - haven't tried any speed for a long time.

Looks like another treadmill run at the gym tomorrow, not cold really but icy. I'm aiming for 6 miles (I add a mile each week per long run on the DM) At least I'll have time for the sauna. Keeping up the weight training until mid February.

TGIF, A

Recalculating...

emmbee

queen of headlamps

40 minutes on the treadmill today, as the air quality wasn't good enough to head outside.  Tacked on some squats, abd/add work, and some overhead presses just for injury prevention.  I'm feeling pretty good but not 100% -- no power or speed, but easy runs are supposed to be easy anyway, right?

The gym's closed tomorrow so I'm hoping an early morning run will have decent air quality.   I'd like to get in five miles.

hog4life

15k trail race yesterday was a lot of fun, although it was about 18 degrees at the start. I managed to bust my butt pretty good and bruised both of my knees. I have a really good pic that was taken that I'll post later when I buy it. Now I need to start focusing on running a little more since the last 2 weeks have been low.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

emmbee, where are you that air quality is such a challenge?

Lots of DM for me lately, but today the windchill finally slipped past -30*C so I was able to go outside to run. Our windchill has been between -32 to -45*C for the last nine days. Today it wasn't so I did 4.2 miles in -27*C wind only to see when I got back that Environment Canada has issued another extreme cold warning. One day reprieve (and it was nice and sunny), but we're going Arctic again.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.