Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/10/2013 (Read 14 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

ImNotScott - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

SIAR - 3/16 Hermes 5 miler

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 3/17 - LA Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning, all!

Marathon "dress rehearsal" on the schedule for me today including a 22-miler w/14 miles at GMP.  I'm not that nervous about it.  I haven't hit GMP in so long that I don't even feel that anxious anymore.  I've given up.  Disapprove  (I like the "Disapprove" smiley face).  As far as the dress rehearsal part, it's not a true dress rehearsal because it's still too cold to wear what I plan to wear on race day.  And, I'm not going to stand out in the cold for an hour.  Smile  But, I get to work on my meal timing - particularly breakfast.  I'm going to try to eat a bigger breakfast today and work some protein in there to see how my stomach likes that.  In the past, I've had a bagel, banana, and some coffee.  And, then a snack like a Luna bar shortly before the marathon.  I'm thinking of adding another 200 or so calories in there somewhere.  I'm vegetarian so I can't add meat, but I'm thinking maybe eggs...  And, I finished most of my playlist last night.  I need about 5 more songs.

Julia--good luck with the 22

For me, I'll be in the driveway for awhile.  Unofficially we are supposed to have received 22 inches of snow and I have a waist-deep drift out there.  Right now the wind chill is near zero, but the sun is out and it's supposed to be upper 20s later, so I am hoping for 5 or 6.

Finally PRed!!!

Morning!

Julia: Hope you have a good 22! Good luck with your breakfast experimenting. When I was in Germany, I used to eat a big plate of pasta and cheese for breakfast before races, since they didn't start before 9 (would eat it several hours before). Now that I'm back to races that start earlier, I haven't figured out the best strategy for me yet,

marco: Hope you're able to get your 5-6 in later after it warms up.

I'm planning just a short 4 or so recovery miles later, probably won't go until close to noon.

Have a great day, everyone! Going to a Darwin Day dinner this evening with some biology talks. Should be interesting...

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 11 this morning (sun was too brutal to continue).  More miles tonight.

Julia, hope your dress rehearsal goes well.

marco, ouch at all that snow.

swift, enjoy your recovery run.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

fake it till you make it

And, I finished most of my playlist last night.  I need about 5 more songs.

Care to share what's on the list so far? I need some new tunes too.  How was the dress rehearsal & fueling?

Marco- wow.  Its been a few winters since we've had that much snow in one snowfall.  I would think shoveling that drift might count as mileage!

Swift- hope the run and the dinner are good.

D-R- I miss running in sunshine! My brutal run yesterday was dark (4 a.m.) and 20 mph winds.  Although, I think I can handle that better than the brutal heat.

8ish miles done today on the hamster wheel before work.  60 miles for the week. None of them impressive miles, but thats only the second time I've hit that mileage, hoping to hold it there for a while.

Bad Ass

Julia, a good playlist is a must!  Hope you find the songs.

Blog

Bad Ass

I would like to live where there are four seasons not one. Sad

Care to share what's on the list so far? I need some new tunes too.  How was the dress rehearsal & fueling?

Marco- wow.  Its been a few winters since we've had that much snow in one snowfall.  I would think shoveling that drift might count as mileage!

Swift- hope the run and the dinner are good.

D-R- I miss running in sunshine! My brutal run yesterday was dark (4 a.m.) and 20 mph winds.  Although, I think I can handle that better than the brutal heat.

8ish miles done today on the hamster wheel before work.  60 miles for the week. None of them impressive miles, but thats only the second time I've hit that mileage, hoping to hold it there for a while.

Blog

between me shoveling and our big snow blower, I had the driveway clear in an hour.  took a short break and did 7.5 mostly on snow-covered sidewalks or slushy streets.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

16.66 miles at 7:13 pace to cap off 91.7 miles this week. The run was 1 hour steady, then 15x1min MP/1min easy, then 30 min steady. My legs felt good, and since I did a fair amount of slower running this week, I pushed it a bit.

Be back later to catch up.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

All this talk about tan lines is funny...a wind burn is the most color I can hope for these days!  Plus, being a ginger, it's not exactly like I turn a golden brown even in the summer.

Julia...Glad I have ya to crack the whip for me and keep me in line as far as focusing on the sub 3 Smile  It's hard not to worry when you're not hitting GMP during training, but somehow it will work out for race day.  I didn't realize that you were a veggie (not that I'm judging).  I don't do a good job of dress rehearsals with my long runs because I usually run them Sunday after church.  I hope the extra protein worked out well for you.

Marco...wow, I'm surprised you could get the drive done that quickly.  I'm still impressed that you had the energy to run after that though.  Was it nice to be outside, even though the roads weren't great?

Swift...Hope the recovery miles feel good after yesterday's long run.  Have fun at your science talk...hopefully you don't run into any church protestors claiming that whole evolution thing didn't happen lol.

Docket...11 with a double later?  Good stuff.

Jen...Those were some pretty quick miles on the mill!  I can't really keep that kind of pace on that thing for some reason.  Great work on your weekly mileage.  I agree, holding it there would be a great goal and definitely should get you ready for your marathon.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Had my usual disappointing GMP run.  Pace was 7:58.  I was in the 7:40 range for a good 6 or so miles but it was a gradual fade after that.  I think the high mileage makes hitting that pace hard...  Breakfast didn't quite go down before the run so I think I'll need to space the meal earlier than I did today.  That means getting up earlier, though.  Sad

Weather permitting, I'll have a tune up race next Sunday and will start throwing around some goal times.

Pizza is in the oven, beer is in the fridge, and I'm not planning on doing much moving for the rest of the day.  Smile

Marco, You're a shoveling and running rock star!  Nice job clearing the driveway AND getting your run in.  You should also sit on the couch for a while with some pizza.

Swift, Pasta might be a good idea for me.  I think I need something that's not too heavy but is packed with calories.  I might try that sometime...  Happy Darwin Day!

D_R, W00t! on the 11 in the heat.  Have a good run this evening.

JenRosie, Way to get those miles up!

SIAR, Nice job breaking 90.  Is this the first time you're run that much in a week?

JenRosie and D_R, here's my draft playlist.  I may switch out a couple of songs still.  Do you have some songs you like to run to that you could share?  I like discovering new music.  I just got a Pandora account a few months ago and it's been great for that.

All the Right Moves (OneRepublic)

All These Things That I’ve Done (The Killers)

American Music (Violent Femmes)

Ants Marching (Dave Matthews Band)

Atomic (Blondie)

Beautiful Life (Ace of Base)

Blow (Ke$ha)

Break It Down Again (Tears for Fears)

Bring Em Out (T.I.)

Fighter (Christina Aguilera)

Girl on Fire (Alicia Keys)

Good Feeling (Flo Rida)

Good Life (OneRepublic)

Good Time (Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen)

Hazy Shade of Winter (The Bangles)

The Heart of the Matter (India.Arie)

Hello (Martin Solveig & Dragonette)

Human (The Killers)

Hurricane (Bob Dylan)

I Gotta Feeling (Black Eyed Peas)

It’s Time (Imagine Dragons)

Just a Girl (No Doubt)

Live Your Life (T.I.)

MMMBop (Hanson)

One Moment in Time (Whitney Houston)

Party in the USA (Miley Cyrus)

Put Your Records on (Corinne Bailey Rae)

Ready to Go (Republica)

The Reflex (Duran Duran)

The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonight (R.E.M.)

Some Nights (Fun.)

Somewhere Over the Rainbow (Israel Kamakawiwo’ole)

The Story (Brandi Carlisle)

Take Me Out (Franz Ferdinand)

These Are Days (10,000 Maniacs)

Tik Tok (Ke$ha)

True Faith (New Order)

Truth No. 2 (Dixie Chicks)

Tubthumping (Chumbawamba)

Under Pressure (Queen & David Bowie)

Unwritten (Natasha Bedingfield)

Viva La Vida (Coldplay)

We Are Young (Fun.)

We Close Our Eyes (Oingo Boingo)

We Got the Beat (The Go-Go’s)

Wild Ones (Flo Rida)

You Get What You Give (New Radicals)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Julia...eh, sorry about the disappointing run.  I wonder if you had a running partner for those type of runs if the pace would still slip, or if it'd be easier to keep it up.  I think that external motivation is at least partly why race pace is so much easier to hold.  Is the weather looking any better for your tune-up?  The rest of your afternoon sounds awesome!  I'm trying the taco soup that Pressing made the other day, and am looking to consuming about as much of it as her family of 4.  As for my miles, yep, it was another record for me.  Also, your comment about the higher miles and hitting paces made me think...I struggled to hit my paces on a couple runs earlier this week, so if that continues next week, I may be of the same opinion as you.  I wonder which is better...fewer miles and hitting all your paces, or higher total mileage with a little slower runs.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Julia...eh, sorry about the disappointing run.  I wonder if you had a running partner for those type of runs if the pace would still slip, or if it'd be easier to keep it up.  I think that external motivation is at least partly why race pace is so much easier to hold.  Is the weather looking any better for your tune-up?  The rest of your afternoon sounds awesome!  I'm trying the taco soup that Pressing made the other day, and am looking to consuming about as much of it as her family of 4.  As for my miles, yep, it was another record for me.  Also, your comment about the higher miles and hitting paces made me think...I struggled to hit my paces on a couple runs earlier this week, so if that continues next week, I may be of the same opinion as you.  I wonder which is better...fewer miles and hitting all your paces, or higher total mileage with a little slower runs.

I thought about trying to do this run with my club but it would have meant getting up super early to do the 6 or 7 miles before the MP miles.  (They meet up at 8am). Plus, I wasn't exactly sure how fast the sub-3 guys go out.   I've only run with them for about a half mile.  LOL!  I'm not overly worried.  I'm counting on taper magic... I'm still a fan of the mileage despite not hitting paces in training.  I can see and feel my body changing into a running machine.  Once I (finally!) give it some rest, I think I'll be good to go...  Grr!  Forecast is now showing rain.  Crud.

Julia--no pizza, but steak, mashed potatoes, and asparagus!  I recognize about 5% of your playlistSmile

SIAR--it was good to be outside.  It will be cold tomorrow morning, but I have already decided it will be an outside run instead of the TM tomorrow morning.