Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1/14/13 (Read 178 times)

Just Keep "Tri" ing

A choice between a weekend of scrapping and suicide.....    I'm not sure.....

To each his own!LOL I have lots of great memories preserved for my family, of running

and our other adventures and spent lots of fun times with friends being catered to

by B&B staff and sharing laughs.........lots of worse things to do!

P.S. you should hear what my scrapping friends thinks about spending $$ to go away to run

a a marathon!Big grin

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

CompetitiveChik

CC...Enjoy your well-deserved rest.  I hope your body is kind to you and that nothing else sneaks up on you.  Is the chaffing just from the rain you think, or something you normally fight?

Chaffing used to be a normal thing for me until I started wearing compression shorts and using body glide. But yesterday was b/c of the rain. I put body glide everywhere but it rained so hard at times and for so long that I guess the friction rubbed it away. I could feel it about half way through the run but I just sucked it up. After a while I just couldn't feel it anymore

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I had a great run this morning.  It was probably a bit fast but I was inspired by the nice weather and was feeling good so I went with it.  We'll see if I pay for it during tomorrow's medium run.  And, I'm still liking my new shoes.  I like to have two pair in circulation, so now I need to figure out if I'm going to get a second pair of Wave Ride 16s or another pair of Precisions.  I saw online they come in purple instead of electric pink.  Smile

Jen, -7?!  I can't even imagine how that feels.  I hope your core temperature is back to normal.

Marco, Yay!  A heat wave!  Enjoy it while it lasts.

Just B.S., Can you take something for the insomnia or are you trying to avoid that?  I remember a few years ago my doctor put me on Ambien because I was on an anti-biotic that causes sleeplessness and O.M.G.  It was the best - I'd sleep solidly through the night and no hungover feeling the next day.

RVD, So, you're a Mizuno wearer, too.  They seem popular here on RA.  What are water shoes?

CC and D_R, Enjoy your rest day!

SIAR, Glad the legs are feeling good.  You ran some tough miles this weekend.

Scott, Sounds like you had a great run.  I hadn't realized there was rain in the forecast.  I might head to the treadmill, too.  The last time I ran in the rain, I got a chafe mark on my neck that's just finally healed.

Pressing, Hope your son feels better soon.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

jackdyl11

Nothing to see here - I had a temper tantrum a little while ago, but I guess I got through. About 3 very angry miles on the treadmill.  Now I'm going to bed, but I hope everyone had a good run today!