Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner 1-February-2013 (Read 13 times)

Has Broken Parts

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

PressingOn - 3/3 - Redmond Watershed Trail Run

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

Docket_Rocket - 3/23 - Palm 100 50K

JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

runmomto3boys - 11/24 - Route 66 Marathon

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
    Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Has Broken Parts

Good Morning!  I have a time trial on my schedule today.  We are getting a little bit of light snow right now so I might have to change my plans.  If the snow sticks then I will probably just head out later and get in an easy 8-10 and change my 18 mile LR tomorrow to 18 w/12@MP.  If the snow doesn't stick then I'm planning to run a 1 mile warm-up followed by 6 at 10K pace and a 1 mile cool down.

Happy Friday everyone!

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Happy Friday!  Happy February!

Another recovery run for me today.  I didn't sleep all that great last night either but feeling more rested overall.  I noticed the bottoms of my feet are feeling sore.  I'm going to stretch them out a little pre-run and maybe take my Strassburg sock in to work.

Scott, It hasn't started here yet.  I'm hearing up to an inch but I'm not sure it's cold enough here to stick.  My little weather station says 34 degrees.  Watch your footing whichever you chose.

Pressing, I had a greyhound for about 3 years but had to put him down maybe 4 years ago.  He had been sick most of the time we had him.  (I adopted him with an ex-boyfriend).  For a good year, my life pretty much revolved around taking care of this dog.  It was a huge void when I put him down.  (I filled it with running, I suppose).  But, I finalized realized it wasn't a good quality of life for him or me...  I tried to find a picture of him standing up but almost all of them are of him laying down.  Greyhounds are so lazy.  LOL!  But, here's one:

And, here's a close up.  How could you not love this face?

I'd like to adopt another one but right now, I'm just not home enough.  I'm thinking once I retire from marathoning, I'll have more time.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

Snow is falling steadily at my office and sticking. I can't see running for speed in weather like this so it looks like plan B.

Julia -  I bet when he was healthy he would be a great running partner!  I think it would take a greyhound to keep up with you. :-)

Backtracking to yesterday's posts:

Rachel - It sounds like you are starting to enjoy working with the coach more.  I'm glad the bike survived your "testing" it.

SIAR - I think it is safe to say 30mph winds are a bit more than blustery!  Does it make it harder for you to get out in the cold after having the nice weather?  Congrats on the new monthly PR.

Pressing - I'm still cringing thinking about 22 miles on the TM. I'm glad you made the best of it.

Jodi - What the others said. I think you made the right choice.

NTS - Good work with your runs and the monthly PR.  That progression run on tired legs sounds tough!

I'm tired of this cold wind.  Sigh...  Guess I'll try my 12 with 8 at MP after work tonight.

jojo61397

Good morning Scott and Julia...

Going to try to do 8 miles this morning, though I'm a little frustrated by life right now.  My husband is running bridge to bridge tomorrow in P'cola (about an hour away).  Lots going on between now and leaving for P'cola.  Sorry if I cross posted with anyone.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I finished my 7 mile recovery run.  I came back and entered the weather information...  It was 19 degrees with windchill.  Shocked  That has to be one of the coldest runs I've ever done but it wasn't miserable.  Marco and Just B.S., I might be movin your way.  LOL!

Since so many people were reporting mileage records, I thought I'd check mine.  I figured last January would have been higher since I was following Pfitz much closer than I am this time.  But, last month was my record by about 10 miles - 351 miles.

Scott, It actually had started here.  It's just that it wasn't sticking.  It would fall and then immediately melt.

RVD, Hope the winds die down this evening.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Bad Ass

Morning!  5 miles done and more later.

Julia, awwww, sorry you had to put him down.  I had one of my kitties just died on me after her 4th year.  She was so sudden, I still think of her and that I somehow failed her.  It's only been 6-7 months and I miss her terribly. A nd yes, yours had the cutest face!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Julia--351!  Wow!

Yeah, the wind is still bad here and I dreaded this morning with an air temp of 22.  Still, it wasn't that bad for 9.5 miles.  Only had to wear two layers instead of three.  I need a LR this weekend...I guess.  As it is supposed to be around zero, I am thinking the TM might work tomorrow.

Have a good weekend!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning all!  I'll work backwards from yesterday:

Pressing...The Garmin is actually just the Garmin Swim, so it's only functional for water workouts.  I don't think it has a GPS either, which is kinda a bummer since it won't help me in open water.  Still, I think it'll be nice to have in the pool.  And you definitely get all the credit after 22 miles on the TM.

Jodi...I totally agree with what Julia said last night...the runs will always be there, so that was nice of you to help your friend out.  Good luck getting through your 8, and the weekend too.  And good luck to your DH.

NotSwift...Wow, killer run for you yesterday!  I really liked your lunchtime run and how you worked in a couple different race paces within the workout.  Congrats on your monthly mileage too.  From the looks of your log, you're definitely building smartly.  Good luck with the Garmin trouble.  Losing that thing would be tough!

Scott...So what's the harder workout for you?  The 6 time trial, or the 18/12?  I don't know which I'd prefer, maybe the 6 just to get it over with.  Whichever one you do, you'll get a great workout.  As for getting back out in the cold, I was okay with it.  I also picked a route that limited my time into the wind.  The weather really hasn't bothered me much this season generally.  Plus, even though the temps were nice, it was so humid and wet that it really wasn't great anyway.  Had it been 60 and sunny, then it would have been hard to go back for sure.

Julia...Glad you're feeling more rested.  My feet have been pretty sore too, but it's not hard to trace the cause!  I've been rolling with a golf ball to loosen them up a little.  Great pics of your little buddy.  I don't think I'd ever seen a Greyhound with his colorings.  I'm so tempted to get a mastiff or bulldog friend for myself, but I'm just not willing to commit to one yet.  Taking care of myself is still a lot of work lol.  Good job on your 7.  Nice to see that you're toughening up a little with the weather.  Sweet job on the 351!  I'd have been right there with ya if it weren't for my darn cold.  Of the 3 years I've really been training, January has always been my best month.  How dumb am I? (please don't answer, confidence is fragile haha)

RVD...Only about a month and half of real cold to go, right?  Hope you get your run in later.

Docket...Nice job doubling up.

Marco...Two layers is definitely a step up from the Michelin Man look.  It must have felt good to get closer to the regular 10.  Good luck getting the longer run in and not freezing.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Has Broken Parts

Scott...So what's the harder workout for you?  The 6 time trial, or the 18/12?  I don't know which I'd prefer, maybe the 6 just to get it over with.  Whichever one you do, you'll get a great workout.  As for getting back out in the cold, I was okay with it.  I also picked a route that limited my time into the wind.  The weather really hasn't bothered me much this season generally.  Plus, even though the temps were nice, it was so humid and wet that it really wasn't great anyway.  Had it been 60 and sunny, then it would have been hard to go back for sure.

The time trial would be more of a challenge, but I really enjoyed the 16/12 I did a few weeks back.  I like running at MP a lot as a confidence booster for the race.

I decided to drive up to the new trail on my way home from work.  If it is more or less dry I'll do the 6 but I'll add more miles after so I can get 10 all together.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

The time trial would be more of a challenge, but I really enjoyed the 16/12 I did a few weeks back.  I like running at MP a lot as a confidence booster for the race.

I decided to drive up to the new trail on my way home from work.  If it is more or less dry I'll do the 6 but I'll add more miles after so I can get 10 all together.

You keep "stealing" miles like that and I predict at least 230 this month.  I always have an irrational fear of my MP miles.  That's awesome that you feel good about yours, and surely a good sign for March.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

I think my Garmin is dead.Cry The reason why I suspected water had something to do with it is that during my lunchtime run yesterday in the sun, the display was turning all funky colors and became almost completely clouded over with obvious water underneath. I could barely read the display because it was so clouded over. Then last night's run it worked fine except said battery low. Got home and hooked it up to charge and a few seconds later it said charging complete. Julia, mine has had the problem for a while that I had to press down on it very hard or put a book on top to get it to charge. Found a thread about it on the Garmin forums and some people have opened them and found the contacts inside corroded or broken. It seems the sealant that holds the upper to lower part stops working after a while. Some people were able to fix it various ways, but I don't think I'm going to be able to do that. Have emailed Garmin support. In the meantime looking to see if I can pick up a really cheap GPS watch somewhere quick. Sad Hate that I've become so dependent...

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

CompetitiveChik

not exactly sure what I'll do today. another mountain bike ride is definately on my list though. coach has me in some classes but I won't be makin it.

Innotscott - becareful out there. enjoy whatever you decide to do today.

julia - those are some great pic. I love pic of doggie faces. thank you for sharing. he/she is beautiful. In the last 3 yrs we've lost 2 kitties. one of them was so sudden that we still hurt as if it just happened. I can't think of him without just wanting to break down and cry.  the other was no surprise to us. she was sick from the moment she was born. I love having pets but the toll there passing takes is sometimes too much for me. one of the coldest runs I've done was 14deg (windchill). I loved every minute of it. I would love to move north but hubby says no. Undecided

rv - hopefully the wind will die down and you're able to enjoy your run.

jojo - sounds like you have a couple of busy days ahead of you. hope your 8 give you some peace and time to relax.

docket -nice job gettin the 5 in this morning.

siar -  good morning

marco - I said this last yr and I'm sayin it again this yr....I don't know how you run most of the time on the treadmill.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

I think I did 3-4 times between late January-March....and so far, it's the same this year.