Julia1971

All in for Boston

April:

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 4/20 - DTF Endurance Race 50K

Xrayman: 4/21 - Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 04/27 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 4/27 - Green 6.2 - goal ?

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

Julia1971 - 4/28 - Nike Women's Half Marathon

May:

ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning, all!  I'm heading out for a shake out run before getting in the car to pick up my friend for our beach get away.  I'm not in a huge rush because I'm about 80% sure she's not going to be ready to go when I get there.  Evil  Hoping she'll prove me wrong but after 20 years of friendship, I'm pretty sure we won't be leaving her house until at least a half hour later.  Smile  After the run, I may try to get my passport photo taken - I forgot to mention I'm running Ragnar Toronto Ontario in June!  I've always wanted to do a relay so when someone from my running club asked me if I would be interested, I jumped at it.

That's all from me for now.  Good luck today, D_R!

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning Ms. Julia! The beach sounds great....enjoy.

Out to run with the group. It's their last mp run, so I'm helping them with that (and kinda just running along). There's snow on the ground, 3 days after it hit 80 here. I'm gonna freeze!

Good luck Docket!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning, Julia and SIAR-

Just 4 miles for me this morning.  I have to be back early because DW is going away for the weekend with the girls (and leaving me home with three kids!).  See you all Monday!

Julia, have fun at the beach!

SIAR, enjoy your run with the group.

Docket, good luck!

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

fake it till you make it

Good morning!  Or for me, just about good night- end of night shift.

Julia I know you aren't thrilled with your race last night, but still I want to say congrats on another great effort.  Hope the beach is fun and relaxing.

Have a good group run SIAR!

Hill good luck on the solo parenting weekend.  That's essentialy what my huz is doing this weekend while I work nights/sleep days.

Good luck Docket!

Not sure if I'll run today or not. Really want to jump back into the mileage but guess I should put together some sort of goals/plan/etc.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

Has Broken Parts

Hey folks!  Headed out the door for 14 as soon as I finish my coffee.  Back for shout outs later!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

CompetitiveChik

Good am all,

nothing for me today. Been at the shop since 4:30 am. ms150 started today. we'll be closin up in about an hour for bkfst then we'll re-open at 10. I'm workin the whole day.

DD moved to the other side of town, about 45min away. She's moved in with her ex-stopmom. I"m actually glad she decided to go that route. it gets her away from the bad influences in her life and she won't be "responsible" for them. It's still pretty hard for me. I'm hardly eatin and sleep is hard.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

For the first time probably since October, the heat did not come on last night.  Part of that may be because DW had it stifling hot last evening. 55 degrees and raining, so I did 10 in the VFFs.  I can't believe I don't have any soreness and am happy to get 36 miles done the last five days.  I am usually lucky to do 15-20 after a full.  I'll try to get up to a LR next week and then, do a two-week taper.

A lot of chores to tackle today, especially if the rain stops.  Have a great weekend!

jojo61397

Good luck racers!

Julia- my MIL is one of those that is NEVER ready!

SIAR- the weather up there sucks right now.

HT- have a great weekend

Jen- I always hate the time post-marathon, it's hard to decide what to do next.  Right now, I have no marathons on the schedule (except maybe NYC Lottery), and I'm getting antsy.

Scott- enjoy the run and the coffee

CC- your DD has a good head on her shoulders, she'll be fine and so will you.  Have fun at work today.

Marco- it seems your jumping back into the game again.

I did 4 miles on the treadmill today.  Going to do 6 tomorrow after we get back from camping.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
                    Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning everyone.  14.05 miles done with the group today.  They were doing 2+10MP+2 today, so I hung back with the girl that was doing an 8:20 pace while the others did theirs at 8:10.  Since both were still going to be slower than my normal run pace, I figured it'd be nice to give her someone to run with.  I had been thinking of 14 on my own tomorrow too, but I'll probably drop it back to 10 with a few MP miles in there just so I don't do too much running this weekend.

Hill...Sounds like a relaxing weekend for you!  At least you found time for a couple miles.

Jen...Hope you get some good rest today!  Also, I didn't have a chance to comment on your race reactions from the other day.  I'm sorry you didn't hit your time goal, but I like that you went out aggressively.  Like you said, sometimes you just don't know until you try.  It is frustrating to feel like your result didn't match up with your fitness, but at least that fitness is all still in you.  I'm glad that your friends were okay too.  It's interesting, our paper ran stories about all the locals that were there, but I think I would have declined like you did as well.  As for finding something new, I almost wonder if you wouldn't be better off doing another full in like 3-4 weeks?  The reason I say that is that half training, at least in my understanding, is a lot different than full training.  In other words, if you have a half PR that you really trained for, racing the half on just your marathon fitness may still leave you frustrated.  You could still run a great half though just based on the volume alone, so it really would depend on what your goals would be.  I hope you find something that you're happy with.

Scott...Good number for the day.  I saw the other day that you changed your goal for your next race.  Having just run one, and with the other stuff you mentioned, that seems like a good idea to me.

CC...Wow, busy day going on.  I hope the event goes well.  I'm sorry about all the other stuff you have going on with DD too.  I wish I had something to add to what others have said, but I really don't.  Regardless of our best intentions, you just can't plan how things are going to turn out all the time.  Hopefully, in the end, this will turn out to be what was best for everyone and something that will ultimately strengthen your relationship.

Marco...I don't recall you mentioning the VFFs in quite some time.  Maybe your body knows it just doesn't have time to be too sore?  Regardless, that's awesome that you're running well, and hopefully a good sign for your next.  I didn't see your RR until just now either!  The logistics before the race sound crazy, and not all that conducive to running a really good time.  I guess that's why a lot of people choose to run it for fun.  As for the race, that's interesting how you experienced that slow down but couldn't pinpoint why.  Do you think that could be a sign that it was fuel related?  I've made that deal with myself about not walking before too, so I can imagine what you were feeling.  I loved the post-race stories about the people - that's really neat!

Jodi...Yes, it does suck!  Have fun camping.  Nice job with the running too.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Has Broken Parts

Hey Folks.  Just got back from 14.3 and enjoying a glass of chocolate milk.  It is a beautiful day for running today even if it is a bit windy.

Julia - Enjoy your beach time and congrats on putting in such a great effort at your race yesterday. Having someone cheering that much for you had to feel really great.

SIAR - I'm glad you enjoyed the group run. It was very nice of you to hang back with the one slower runner to keep her company.  I'm sure she appreciated that!

Hill - Good job getting in the early 4.  Enjoy your weekend with the kids!

JenRosie - Enjoy your Saturday!

CC - That's a long work day! I hope you are able to find some peace with your situation. It sounds like DD is at least trying to make good decisions, so that's a plus. :-)

Marco - I'm glad the 10 felt good and I hope you are enjoying the heat wave!

Jodi - Good job getting the TM miles in.  Have fun camping!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

PressingOn

Hey all!  I am in taper again.  I have an easy 3 miles today.  Swim clinic last night went pretty good.  I can tell Tri season is upon us as her class was much fuller with faces I've never seen before.  They had all the lanes pulled up so we could practice open water drills.  We also had to practice holding our breath longer so we can know we can do it if the need were to arise.  We had to do 25 yards breathing every 3 strokes, then 5, then 7 and then, if we could, every 9 strokes.  I made it to 7 strokes.  lol.  It totally wore me out though.  It always feels harder than swimming laps on my own.

Hill - Hope the job situation pans out in the best possible way. Good luck with the kids this weekend. You'll do great!

Julia - I cannot even fathom being able to run a sub 20 5K. Great job pushing through when you were tired. Have fun on your beach getaway. I too think a Ragnar sounds fun but this year will be envious of other friends running it. The one near me seems to always land on my ds's birthday. I don't think he'd appreciate me running all weekend long and missing his bday.

SIAR - Sorry about the migraine the other day. You know I sympathize. Wow, crazy weather you have there. Nice of you to run with the slower girl.

JenRosie - How are you feeling after Boston? Recovered?

Scott - Glad you had a good 14.

CC - Hugs. I'm glad you feel good (well, relatively speaking) about where she ended up living. You'll get through this. Hang in there. And eat. You can't run properly if you're not eating. Wink

Marco - You are running quite well for having just run a marathon.

Jodi - Camping, huh? I can't wait to camp again this summer.

Okay, gotta go.  We're sending ds off to a birthday getaway for his best friend's bday to Great Wolf Lodge.  They will be here soon.  I'm a little sad about it.  We've never been and were hoping to go this summer.  So, somebody else gets to see him experience the water slides for the first time.  Sad mama moment but I know he'll have a great time.

SIAR--you may be right about the fueling.  I don't pay any attention to it.  I guess I am just bummed about this being my seventh marathon and the first one I didn't PR at.  I knew it was going to happen someday especially at my age.  Maybe I went out too fast, also.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR--you may be right about the fueling.  I don't pay any attention to it.  I guess I am just bummed about this being my seventh marathon and the first one I didn't PR at.  I knew it was going to happen someday especially at my age.  Maybe I went out too fast, also.

It does happen eventually that we don't PR I guess. I don't think it's a comment on your age though. You also had a hellacious winter to train through. I know you had a great March, but I remember February as being a lot of "best I can" kinda runs. I think Fredricktown will go great with the wayyoure continuing to train.

Pressing....7 strokes with no breathing?!? Pffft, I'd just drown. I have no capacity for holding my breath, so I'm impressed. You should be becoming a taper expert by now, huh? I hope the 3 feel good. Sorry about missing the water park. I bet he'd be just as excited when you take him though.

PressingOn

Pressing....7 strokes with no breathing?!? Pffft, I'd just drown. I have no capacity for holding my breath, so I'm impressed. You should be becoming a taper expert by now, huh? I hope the 3 feel good. Sorry about missing the water park. I bet he'd be just as excited when you take him though.

I doubt you would drown.  Maybe cough, choke and sputter but I highly doubt drown.  Wink  It was easier than I expected it to be once I relaxed.    However, I didn't even attempt 9 strokes.