Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/20/12 (Read 160 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Docket: yep, that would be me!

B.S.: that's a lot of snow. I grew up in Erie, PA, and remember amounts like that. Hope you got a good 10 in.

marco: careful on the ice! Great job getting over 8 in.

Pressing: bummer about the cold and rainy weather. We've been getting rain today too, but it is warmer than where you are and the rain seems to be stopping now--now it's supposed to get windy. Good luck with the 16.

Scott: that is great about what your friend said. Very nice about finding the new route, that is always fun.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everyone.  I feel like I haven't stopped all day today, so I'm just poking in.  I ran 11 miles this morning at recovery pace, but did cover 600 feet of elevation gain.  I don't know if that negates the recovery portion of the run or not, but it felt good to take it easy.  I'll try and catch up with all of you later!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

PressingOn

Well, I did my 16 but not in the nasty weather.  Yeah, I caved and hit up the tm.  Not because of the weather, well, that was part of it but more because I wasn't feeling good about leaving the kiddo's alone for the time it would take me to run 16 miles.  I can't safely run roads around my house, they are too dangerous, so I have to drive 15 minutes to get anywhere I can run.  Not only does that add to total run time away from home but it puts me farther away if something should go wrong at home.  If dh is at his office working it's not so bad because he can respond as well but he was out of town for the day.  Anyway, tm seemed like the best bet for today.  It was hard.  The farthest I've done on my tm is 12 miles.  I wanted to quit at 11 miles when a delivery came and interrupted my run.  My daughter said, "But mom, you've already come so far.  Don't give up now."  My son said, "Yeah mom, you never give up."  Well, who can quit after that?  So I finished.  Of course, 20 minutes into my last 5 miles ds comes upstairs, throws open the door and asks, "Are you almost done yet?"  Lol.  

Scott - After today's run I can totally understand your excitement over a new route.  And that's pretty awesome about being an inspiration to someone else and you never even knew it.  

PressingOn

Oh, SIAR - Good job on your run today.  I'd say that elevation gain works in your favor.  Smile

CompetitiveChik

Hey all.....didn't run today. winds were tropical storm strength so I didn't head out. I heard things being thrown up against the hosue and it sounded like the gutters were bein ripped off. So I played it safe. We were super busy today.

Now I'm gettin ready for my 1st group ride tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. I'll do about a 5 mile run in the morning and then meet up with the group for a 40mile ride

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

markrice

Geezer trying for speed

RUN DONE: 6 late recovery miles in a nice 50 degrees after dark. I needed the sleep this AM more than the run and then found out how terribly windy it was, so it worked for both reasons.

Been slammed preparing for the holidays and traveling.

How do you get to the FB group?

Anyone could see races, etc. on www.markrice.com/running.

I believe in HR training: www.markrice.com/running/heart_rate_training.html

Bad Ass

RUN DONE: 6 late recovery miles in a nice 50 degrees after dark. I needed the sleep this AM more than the run and then found out how terribly windy it was, so it worked for both reasons.

Been slammed preparing for the holidays and traveling.

How do you get to the FB group?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/296653640430464/

Let me know when you put the request in.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."