GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning everyone.

I had such a great night's sleep.  I feel so well rested.  But, my legs are sore from the race yesterday.  I'm not sure what my plan is for today.  I was going to do a long run.  Part of me wants to go meet up with my running group and see if anyone wants to do 10ish at my easy pace.  But another part of me wants to rest up a bit more and head out later today once the sun comes out.  I'll figure that out in the next few minutes.  Later today, I'm meeting up with a friend.  I think we're going pub crawling with the goal of watching the Redskins game somewhere.  I'm probably going to need a nap before I head out.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Has Broken Parts

Good morning!  SRD for me. My legs bounced back pretty quickly yesterday and I ran some errands and got a few things done around the house.  I feel good enough to get a few miles in but the schedule is packed today so I'll stick with the rest day.

Julia - Thanks for getting us started today. Enjoy your run and have fun watching the game later.

NTS - I patched things up with the iPod pretty quickly. I wanted a particular song to come up (I have it set to shuffle) and it wouldn't cooperate but I'm over it now. Almost.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
        Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Morning Dailies!!

Julia, thanks re the photo. I"m not photogenic at all, especially after/during a race so that is one of

the good ones.!LOL  Take it easy today and enjoy!

Scott, enjoy the rest day! I've never ever run the day after an 18-20 miler and it's never hurt me. Recovery

by resting/walking can be a good thing.

I could not believe how tired I was after the 1000 meters at the pool yesterday morning. Maybe it was

because I did 9 miles the night before and then was up at 6am to swim, (which I haven't done in forever)

and we walked the dog for 2.5 miles and I'm old!LOL  but i felt more tired  last night than after running a

marathon.

Going back to the pool tomorrow, very excited!! I had forgotten that I'm actually not half bad at it. I've done

a sprint tri and duathlons up to the Olympic distance. We are going to start with a sprint tri in June and

work up to an Olympic tri later in the summer.

Have a good one daily folks!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

Finally PRed!!!

Morning, everyone!

Julia: hope you have a nice run, and enjoy the  pub crawling.

Scott:enjoy your SRD. That's great that your legs feel good. Heh, glad you've patched things up with the iPod. I almost never have mine on shuffle. And I listen to the same music each time I run.

B.S.: glad you're enjoying the swimming.

I'll head out for my hopefully 14 after I finish my coffee. Legs are a little sore, but I think they'll be all right as long as I run pretty easy. My stomach is growling, but I was going to try to do this run without eating first. I slept in, though (didn't set the alarm on purpose), which makes it harder, since the longer I sleep in, the hungrier I am when waking up. I might just have to eat a piece of bread or something to keep the stomach under control.

Edit: ate a little peanut butter instead. Hope that works.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Bad Ass

Morning!  Woke up with a bad migraine and nausea. W ill attempt 9 with 4 @ HMP tonight.

Back to bed.Cry

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

CompetitiveChik

Good morning all,

off to yoga and spin class. this will be my first class for both. I'm meetin up with a friend.

no time for personals. gotta git.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Finally PRed!!!

Docket: hope you feel better soon!

14 went well, kept the pace nice and easy, and the legs did fine, despite the soreness.

CompetitiveChik

I'm back. I really enjoyed my workouts this morning. Went to yoga and spin class with a friend. Yoga was intense but I got through it. Suffered some cramps when the instructor tried to help. lol. Spin class after. didn't think I was gonna enjoy it but I actually had a pretty good time. I'd definately do it again.

Today is just to beautiful to spend inside so I came home and was able to talk dh into riding his bike while I run. I'm lookin to 6-10 but we'll see how the legs feel. 6 for sure though

Docket - Sorry about the migraine. I hope you feel better.

Julia - Hope your race went well yesterday. Have fun with whatever you decide to do today

ImNotScott - enjoy your rest day

Just BS - enjoy your swim later today. I've thought about doin some tri's but I just can't get past my fear of water. I think I'll stick to runnin and bikin

Nottooswift -  I don't eat before my morning runs and if I do it's only a banana. the only exception to that rule is on race day when I have a banana and a powerbar.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

Has Broken Parts

NTS - I always eat something light before morning runs. A plain bagel is my favorite. Peanutbutter doesn't work on my stomach.  Funny thing is when I bring a gel or two for long runs, I like the PB flavored the best and my stomach is fine with those.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
                      Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

7.8 miles done...my pacing was all over, but it was just nice to be outside. I think it was the first I've been out (and not just to run) in almost a week. I'm just planning on jumping right back in with my plan this week. Since it was just a cutback week anyway, I'm not too worried about having missed the 5 days that I did.

Julia...sounds like a fun day. Enjoy the crawling and game watching.

Scott...glad your body is feeling good even though you went out a little quickly. Have a good rest of your day.

Beth...at least that's a good tired you felt. Maybe we will both end up doing an Olympic about the same time this year. Glad you're excited about the swimming.

Swift...have you been having GI troubles on your runs? I'm going to try to be better about fueling on runs this year as I've heard it eases recovery. Glad you got through the run.

Docket...sorry I was confused last night about the nerves issue. Good luck with the migraine and running.

CC...busy day with the yoga, spin, and maybe a run. Good work!

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

CC: glad you had a nice workout--hope your run goes well.

Scott: I usually have a bowl of oatmeal, bread (either with something on it or not) or a banana.

SIAR: glad you got outside for a run! Sure, you'll be fine having missed just 5 days. No GI troubles, I just wanted to do a longer run without eating beforehand to try to get a little carb depletion at the end, to stimulate adaptations. I've been reading articles about fueling vs no fueling and trying some different ideas. Usually I've tried McMillan's recommendation of fueling during progression/fast finish LRs to have the energy to hit the correct pace at end, but not fueling during slower LRs. So I just wanted to experiment also with how much or what to eat/not eat before longer runs. That's why this am I opted for a bit of PB instead of a banana or something "carbier". Ate an evening meal higher in protein than carb yesterday, too. I did feel like I was maybe getting just a little depleted just toward the end of today's run, which was my goal. Whether that helps me or not, I dunno. I've read a lot of conflicting opinions on it. Last cycle I fueled a lot more than usual during runs (including using Accelerade, gels, beans, etc., and even on runs like today's that were really only medium-long) thinking it would help with my recovery, and I think now it may have been part of the reason I put on weight. I'd like to lose about 5 more pounds to get closer to my "race weight"

Having major computer problems.  I did 10 in 5 degree weather early this morning before more snow.  Another inch to add to our 30 that's on the ground.  Going to shovel for a few minutes and then sit on the couch the rest of the evening.

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Having major computer problems.  I did 10 in 5 degree weather early this morning before more snow.  Another inch to add to our 30 that's on the ground.  Going to shovel for a few minutes and then sit on the couch the rest of the evening.

Sorry Marco, wish I coud loan you my IT hubby.

We got in 11 cold miles this morning before the snow started around 12:30.

Still snowing here.

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

jackdyl11

Just got done with my 18. My legs felt pretty good - they only really started to get tired in the last mile.  That makes 76 for the week, a pretty decent week 1 of 18.  I'm pretty sure I haven't been over 75 miles a week in 2 years, probably since I got through my Boston 2010 training.

SIAR - Thanks for the welcome yesterday.  I just had a four day layoff too because of some nasty GI stuff that started on Christmas Eve.  I wouldn't think anything at all of taking 5 days off four months before your race.  This post comes to mind.

Docket - Hope you feel better.  Good job running through it!

NTS - Do you have some links to what you've been reading?  This is the first time I've trained for a marathon in a few years and I need to remember (learn for the first time) a lot of stuff.

Marco - Good job fighting through the cold.

Scott - Glad your legs feel good after the long run.

Just BS - Good job on the 11 in the snow.  Not to be mean to you and Marco, but it was almost 50 degrees here in Northern Va today.  Perfect shorts weather!

Julia - What did you end up doing? I bet your legs shake out after a few miles.

CC - I've only done 1 spin class, and it was PAINFUL.  Impressive that you still got your run in, no matter how nice it is outside!