JenRosie - 3/24 Irish Run 8K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

PressingOn - 3/30 - Cupcake Run Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

runnrchic- 04/07- Gulf Coast HM, Pensacola

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

So_Im_a_Runner - 4/14 Union Half Marathon (1:30 pacer)

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

JenRosie - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/16/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I have 8 general aerobic miles on the schedule for today.  I think I'm going to throw in one or two miles at goal marathon pace.  I didn't do so well with those workouts this training cycle and now that I'm tapered, I'd like to see how it feels.

I also took a look at the 10 day forecast.  It does not say 80 degrees.  Cool

fake it till you make it

Good morning!

Julia-  glad to hear no 80 degree days in the forecast.  Does it say anything about tropical storms, monsoons, hurricanes, tornadoes...?

5 slow recovery miles this morning.  Crazy busy at my job, not enough hours to work, sleep run.  Going to try to get a workout in after work tonight, but I may skip it if work sucks all the energy from me today.  Haven't been able to read the forum in a couple of days- hoping I get a chance to catch up on you all today or tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone-

jojo61397

I have no idea what to run...

Mon: Rest

Tue: 8 miles

Wed: 5 miles

Today: ?

Fri: ?

Sat: rest

Sun: 14-15

I know what I'm doing next week.  Just not today or tomorrow.  Thinking 5-6 today and 8 tomorrow.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
          Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Finally PRed!!!

Julia: Have a nice 8, hope the MP miles are good.

JenRosie: Nice 5. Good luck getting a workout in later.

jojo: good luck figuring out what to run.

I'm planning just 5 tonight, have another short group run but will get in one extra beforehand. Just when I'd said I was going to be really good about what I eat, I found out that this run is going to have craft beer ice cream for us to sample afterwards. It sounds like something I just have to try. Oh well, I mostly am being very good about what I eat.

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Has Broken Parts

Good morning friends!

Second rest day in a row.  My achilles is pain free but I want to be safe. New Mizuno's are supposed to be at my house by the end of the day today. :-)

Julia - I hope the 8 went well and you hit your paces. You are braver than me, I have been afraid to look at the 10 day forecast.

JenRosie - Enjoy the run later.  I'm sorry work has been so tough lately and I hope it settles down so you can get your runs in.

Jodi - I would probably flip it around and do the 8 today and the 5-6 tomorrow.  Have fun with whatever you choose to do. :-)

NTS - I'm struggling with my diet right now a bit too. Working from home yesterday with the kitchen full of temptations was tough yesterday. I gave in to a couple cookies but managed to stay away from the brownies so I'll call that a victory.  Enjoy the group run later and a SAMPLE of the craft beer ice cream which sounds very..... interesting. :-)

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

jojo61397

Scott-- I have time constraints today, whereas I don't have time constraints tomorrow.  I work at 11:15 (it takes 45 minutes to get to work), that gives me just over an hour to run, shower, and get to work.  Tomorrow I have no time constraints, I'm in fact thinking of switching my 14-15 miles on Friday and doing something lighter on Saturday.  The rest of the taper is easy to figure out.

The other thing I was thinking about doing is taking today off, then go running on Friday-Sunday, but Saturday, I'm working, soccer, and baseball.  Ugh.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

Julia1971

All in for Boston

I had a nice 8 miles.  I got in 2 miles at goal marathon pace and it didn't feel that hard, so, that's a good confidence booster.

JenRosie, I have a bad feeling a swarm of locust just left the African coast and is heading this way.  LOL!  Good luck getting everything done.  It's hard when work picks up.

JoJo, I think you could do either.  I would probably lean toward doing 8 today and 5 tomorrow to give myself more recovery before the long run on Saturday like Scott suggested.  But since you have less time constraints tomorrow, it might be worth switching it just to avoid the stress.  Again, I think either is fine.

Swift, It's all about moderation.  You can sample the ice cream, just don't eat the entire pint.  Smile

Scott, New shoes!  So exciting!  I couldn't help but check the forecast.  I know it'll change a lot between now and the 16th, though.

Has Broken Parts

Scott, New shoes!  So exciting!  I couldn't help but check the forecast.  I know it'll change a lot between now and the 16th, though.

From Wunderground.com: Partly cloudy. High of 48F. Winds from the NW at 5 to 10 mph. 

Can we lock this in now please?

Just Keep "Tri" ing

HI everyone been MIA. Not even near a computer since Tuesday. Just too much going on.

Here is the synopsis.......first fitness wise............

Sunday -         11.5 miles

Monday  -       run 5 miles p.m.

Tuesday -       swim 1,500 meters a.m. - walk 3 miles p.m.

Wednesday - run a 9.25 mile circuit  from the Aquatic Center and back and then immediately change to swimsuit

get in the pool  and  swim 1,300 meters. Yet I still couldn't sleep last night.Roll eyes

84 yr old Aunt to E.R. on Sunday. Took Aunt back to hospital for more tests yesterday morning. She is now on some

new meds. Then did her grocery shopping.  She gave me an awful scare Sunday morning but is going to be OK for

now. Her health is failing and things are starting to shut down. It's sad to watch.

Very happy to say that we got word last night that Buster does not have cancer. He does have an acute case of

Lyme Disease. But a few months worth  of antibiotics and he will hopefully be back to normal and his old silly self.

Now we have to keep his from getting it again next summer.

Yesterday was our BUSTERversary.........one year since we became his pet parents. It was good to get the news

that we will have him around longer!

Plans for today are 5 very easy miles and swim clinic tonight. I always run easy on Thursday because the coach

for Thursday swim club gives us quite a hard workout.

Hope you all are doing well!

8  Marathons   26 Half Marathons  9 Duathlons  6 Triathlons

Marathons in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland  Next country - Austria Sept 2014

Marathon 4:10:48 Half Marathon 1:57:44 10K 55:44 8k 42:27 5k 25:27

Bad Ass

Morning!  10-13 miles tonight.

Working from home and I already lost my credit card yesterday, so I'm not happy about today!

Beth, awesome news on both fronts!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Has Broken Parts

Beth - Good to hear from you.  I'm glad that your aunt is in no immediate danger and happy to hear that your doggie is going to be OK.  Hang in there!

Marco - Sorry that you have to deal with the furlough stuff at work today.  I hope that goes as well as could be expected.

jojo61397

Thanks guys.  I ended up having more time than I thought, so I did do 8 miles today in a 1:10 hours, the pace is becoming more and more comfortable for me.

Jodi

PR:

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub- 125 pounds

20 to 30 mph winds forecast through Friday.  Did a half on the TM today in record time.   Back to work.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Scott, I know, right?! Smile I like how they show good conditions the day before and after! I'd prefer the high to reach 50ish, myself but I'm not going to be choosy. Although, there could still be locust. Maybe NORAD tracks that?

Just B.S., Glad everyone is on the mend. It is scary watching loved ones decline like that. It's great that she has you to watch out for her... Great job with your workouts especially considering all the stress.

D_R, Yikes! Hope the credit card turns up. Have a good run tonight.

JoJo, Glad to see you found time for the run.

Marco, That's a lot of miles on the treadmill. Congrats!