Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 2/25/13 (Read 16 times)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi!

Julia: That's a tough interval workout, especially with wind and tired legs. Great job.

Docket: Hope you had a nice 6.

JenRosie: Nice 8. Glad no one got hurt. Your schedule is crazy.

CC: Great job with the mile repeats.

jojo: Great job with your 20. Way to be creative and flexible about getting it in.

RVD: Nice 5.

Scott: Awesome job with your run, it can be really fun to just run hard at times. I actually think you could get 3:50, but I think the others are probably wise to suggest starting a bit conservatively. I went sub 3:50 twice with training paces that weren't faster than yours (and probably a bit slower, but I did have tune-up races indicating it was possible) but I think since this is your first cycle of having the higher mileage, it is possible your endurance is not on par with your speed. It looks like you're still in the phase of really rapid improvement that you get when you first bump the mileage up to that level.

SIAR: Nice 9.5, glad you got to play golf, enjoy the basketball.

hill: good to see you pop in, bummer about the TM, hope work cooperates to let you get some miles in.

I went ahead and got the pace band spreadsheet from mymarathonpace.com, kind of playing with it now to see what kind of paces it gives me (in addition to goal time, you can also specify things like how slow/fast to start, how much to limit pace on downhills, how much fade, whether you want to negative split, etc.).

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Watching Biggest Loser and about to do some online shopping.  I need new lenses for my sunglasses.  Cool

I got a call from the county and they work with a non-profit group to help the homeless.  So, they're going to try to see if they can find the man on the trail and get him some help (if he wants it).

Scott, I remember shorts.  Glad you got to wear them today.

D_R, 87F?  Grrrr!  Angry

JoJo, Very nice job on the mill today.  And, congrats on starting your taper!  I'm a little afraid that so many of us will be tapering at the same time.  I think we need to assign the days when each of us is allowed to be crazy.  LOL!

CC, You seem to be handling the taper well.  Cool as a cucumber, you are.  (I guess I'm channeling Yoda now).

Hilltopper, Welcome back!  Glad that work is calming down and you can get some runs in.  It's so hard juggling everything.

SIAR, Nice job on the run.  Very sneaky with the golf.  Hope the basketball game went well.

Swift, Have fun picking out a pace band.  I've made one myself by printing it out on my home printer and using clear packaging tape to affix it to the back of my bib.  Kind of annoying to have to peak at the bib, but that way I could customize it.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Got home at 9:00 tonight.  Good trip...traded in 2007 FJ Cruiser for 2013 FJ Cruiser.  Vehicle payment only up $50/month.  After three days, I come off the disabled list tomorrow morning.  Hoping to have a high-mileage month.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Survived! It made me remember how much I enjoy playing too, but I don't know if it's wise to do it too often.

Marco...those are a very fun vehicle, and likely very useful in your parts.

Catch you all tomorrow.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

jojo61397

Weather stalking for next weekend.  PR weather.  Sunny, low 39 and high 54...

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
            Sub- 1:45 hour half.

CompetitiveChik

CC, You seem to be handling the taper well.  Cool as a cucumber, you are.  (I guess I'm channeling Yoda now).

Aw, now I'm sad. The kitty we lost the other night was named Yoda. She had his ears. Every time I looked at her i thought of Yoda.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

CompetitiveChik

Weather stalking for next weekend.  PR weather.  Sunny, low 39 and high 54...

Sounds identical to mine. and I do mean identical. Same numbers

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

jackdyl11

I finally registered for my marathon! Now I actually have to run the damn thing!

I didn't find myself in front of a computer much this weekend, but I had a very good 20.  I had a big lunch on Saturday - a bunch of pasta and half of a kid's pizza, and somehow my GI system wasn't happy with me when I left for a 2:20 run about 2 hours later.  My legs felt really good though.  Then I had a stiff 12 on Sunday and an ok 10 tonight.