Marathoner Dailies

Daily Runner - 12/31/12 - Happy New Year's Eve! (Read 183 times)

Julia1971

All in for Boston

January:

Joe1775 - 1/5 - Phunt 50K, Elkton MD

JodisRuningForAutism - 1/12-1/13 - Goofy Challenge

Docket_Rocket - 1/12-1/13- Goofy Challenge

Didgeridroo - 1/13 - Disney Marathon- Goal: TBD

pmhill6 - 1/13- Disney Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 1/13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Not too Swift - 1/21 - MLK Day 5K

Patti678 - 1/26 - PolarBear 5K

Docket_Rocket - 01/27 ING Marathon

February:

PressingOn - 02/16 - Woolley Trail Run Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 02/17 - A1A Marathon

CompetitiveChik - 2/17 - Austin Half Marathon

Runnrchic - 02/24 - New Orleans Marathon - Goal: break 4:34

GregTR - 2/24 - Cowtown Marathon - Official 3:10 pacer

March:

Patti678 - 3/2- Albany Marathon, Albany GA

CompetitiveChik - 3/2 - Woodlands Marathon

JodisRunningForAutism - 3/3 - Seaside Half Marathon Destin, FL

not too swift - 3/3 - Intown Ten (10K) Road Race

Docket_Rocket - 03/09 - 13.1 Miami Beach

Julia1971 - 3/16 - Rock n Roll USA

jojo61397 - 3/17 - Publix Atlanta Marathon - Goal: Sub-4:00 hour

Patti678 - 3/17 Publix Half Marathon, Atlanta GA

Not too Swift - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

athensguy - 3/17- Georgia Marathon

RVDowning - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

ImNotScott - 3/17 - Shamrock Marathon

Joe1775 - 3/23 - Haulin' in the Holler 50K

onemile - 3/30 - Egg Shell Shuffle Half Marathon

April:

Docket_Rocket - 04/07 - Marathon Paris

joe1775 - 4/13  - Glacier Ridge Trail Ultra 50

Docket_Rocket - 04/14 - Key Biscayne Half Marathon

marco59 - 4/15 - Boston - goal: 3:05

markrice - 4/15 Boston - goal sub 3:15

GregTR - 4/15 - Boston

onemile - 04/20 - Carmel Marathon

Xrayman: 4/21: Lansing Marathon

GregTR - 4/21 - London Marathon

SIAR - 4/28 - Glass City Marathon

GoneFishing - 04/28 - Big Sur, CA

May:

hilltopper91 - 05/05 - Broad Street Run

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19-Run for the Red Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 06/13/2012 - San Francisco Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4- Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

August:

Patti678- 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

November:

SprinklesRunner - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

GregTR - 11/3 - NYC Marathon

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone.  Any big plans for this evening?  Any resolutions starting tomorrow?

I'm up super-early to get in 12 miles with 6 @ tempo pace before work.  My bosses are still out for the holidays and left me in charge of the department today so I need to get in a little earlier than usual.  And, I'm guessing I'll be working until 5pm (at least).

No big NYE plans for me.  I did the boozy, over-priced party at a restaurant last year.  It was great fun but I think it'll be another 2 or 3 years before I'm up for that again.  I'm planning to swing by my BFF's for a champagne toast before she heads out for the evening and then calling it a night.

And no real resolutions.  I'd like to clean up my diet a little in the new year.  A couple years back, I was eating a pretty good diet - lots of "clean" foods.  But lately, I've been eating a lot of junk and prepared foods.  I'd like to change that but haven't formulated a goal, yet.

Bad Ass

Morning!  My 7 and weights last night went great.  I have a run and maybe core or weights (or both) later tonight.

Off to work!

Happy New Year's Eve!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

jackdyl11

Mind if I join in? I'm looking for somewhere to post my training.

I did an easy 8 last night.  Today is officially the first day of training for the NJ marathon, although I'm actually going to be doing a 10k this afternoon.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey girls. Streak dies for me today at 34 days with a URD, boo. By last night I was terriblly sick, and I feel as though I've been run over by a semi. It's a good thing I'm not big on NYE plans as I'm pretty sure bedtime will be about 9pm.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Has Broken Parts

Good morning. I'm about to head out the door for 7 w/ 6X100M strides. I must confess I'm not really in the mood for a run today but off I go.

Julia - I hope the 12 went well.  I'm not much for New Year's resolutions but my goals for the year are to continue to increase my weekly mileage and to break 4:00 at the Shamrock Marathon in March.

Damaris - Enjoy your workouts tonight!

Hi to all who follow!

EDIT:

SIAR - Sorry your streak is ending.  Feel better soon!

Jack - Welcome!

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
              Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

Just finished 7 on the TM.  Today is Day 10 home with the kids and we're running out of things to do.  We're going to Disney on Ice tonight, but I need to find something to keep them occupied until then.

Julia, I hope you enjoyed your 12 this morning.  No big NYE plans for me either - just dinner, Disney on Ice, then home.  Maybe we'll let the kids stay up until midnight tonight, but I'm not sure I'll make it.

Docket, glad to hear your 7 went well last night.

Jack, welcome!

SIAR, I hope you feel better soon.  Maybe the rest day will help.

Scott, nice job getting out there when you're not feeling motivated.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Bad Ass

jackdyl, welcome!

SIAR, feel better soon.

Scott, enjoy your strides.

hilltopper, sounds like you've managed to survive just fine.

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

Slept in late and got to work earlier than usual so I could leave early as we have company coming over tonight.  Never considered running today, so my mini-streak ends at 37 and finished with 2501.39 miles for the year.  No time for personals as I need to get busy if I am leaving early.

jack--glad to have you with us!

Has Broken Parts

Finished the 7 feeling much better than when I started.  That was (obviously) my last run of the year so I finish with 1,335.45.

Julia1971

All in for Boston

SIAR, sorry to hear you're under the weather. Do you think it was yesterdays run in the cold that did you in?... Hilltopper, sounds like a nice evening. I may not make it to midnight either. Sleep seems much more fun these days... Scott, nice job on the mileage. Is that a high for you?... Marco, have fun this evening... D_R, I've been meaning to tell you I like the new picture... Jack, good luck with the 10K and welcome. I'll add your race to the board tonight when I have access to my home computer.

Has Broken Parts

Yep, big mileage PR for me this year. I am very new to the sport having run my first HM in 2010.  I didn't start logging my runs regularly until the end of 2010.  I was sidelined for much of 2011 by injury and only racked up a little more than 300 miles so this years total is a PR of about 1000 miles.

PressingOn

Hey all!  No run for me today to finish out the year.  Instead I have an hour on the bike trainer.  However, I get to try out the new bike computer my hubby got me for Christmas so that'll be fun.  No big plans for tonight here either.  Sparkling Pear Cider, maybe a movie and watching the fireworks on tv go off at the Space Needle.  Whoo ... excitement.  I do need to go to the store today and see about picking up some food for a meal tomorrow.  I'm so behind this year.

SIAR - Sorry you're under the weather.  Feel better soon!

Jackdyl - Of course you can join in!  Glad to have you.

Hi everyone else.  Have a great NYE!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR, sorry to hear you're under the weather. Do you think it was yesterdays run in the cold that did you in?... Hilltopper, sounds like a nice evening. I may not make it to midnight either. Sleep seems much more fun these days... Scott, nice job on the mileage. Is that a high for you?... Marco, have fun this evening... D_R, I've been meaning to tell you I like the new picture... Jack, good luck with the 10K and welcome. I'll add your race to the board tonight when I have access to my home computer.

I'm sure that didn't help, but I think I picked it up from my dad who was sick when I went over to do that Christmas.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Finally PRed!!!

Hi everyone! Gotta try to post quick--wanted to wish everyone a big HNY. Hope you all have a great start into 2013.

Julia: great job with your 12. No real resolutions for me, but goals: BQ for 2014, sub 3:45, other PRs. Maybe try for a certain mileage, like 2400 miles.

Docket: glad you had  a great run,  hope your run tonight goes well

jack: welcome!

SIAR: hope you feel better soon. Bummer about your streak.

Scott: congrats on the mileage PR!

Hi to everyone else, too!

My idea of doing a virtual race on the 5th consecutive day (with a couple tough workouts in there) made for a tough "race". The legs just didn't have the stuff for any kind of decent time. I kept having this soreness in the bellies of my calf muscles that made me worry my legs might just buckle, it was that bad! But I completed the 10K plus some other miles, and it was enough to put me over my monthly mileage record, got 235 for the month, topping my previous high from 12/11.  Went over during the "race," so I don't feel too bad about the time...

Got a mileage PR for the year, also. Alas, no PRs (again!) but here's hoping I can turn that around in 2013.

Happy New Year's Eve, all. Cool

PRs: 5K: 22:31, 10K:46:43, 15K: 1:10:35, HM: 1:42:49, M: 3:38:20