ImNotScott- 5/3 - White Oak Classic 5K.

ImNotScott- 5/5 - Frederick Running Festival HM

jackdyl11 - 5/5 - New Jersey Marathon

Joe1775 - 5/5 - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH

PressingOn - 5/5 - Tacoma City Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 05/07 - Puerto Rico Marathon

Patti678 - 5/11 - Gulf Coast Half Ironman, Panama City Beach, FL

RVDowning - 5/11 - Lake Wobegon Trail Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 5/11 - Mermaid Run East Bay Sirena18 (18 miles)

Marco59 - 5/12 - Fredericton Marathon

SprinklesRunner - 5/19 - Run for the Red Marathon

Runmomto3boys - 05/20 - Green Bay Marathon

June:

Docket_Rocket - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 6/16 - San Francisco Marathon

hilltopper91 - 6/21 - Media 5 Mile Race

marco59 - 6/23 - Bay of Fundy Marathon

July:

Patti678- 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K: goal: PR

Not too Swift - 7/4 - Peachtree Road Race 10K

AthenaofAmerica - 7/6 Dirty Half Dozen 6-Hour Endurance Run

August:

Patti678 - 8/23 & 24- Hood to Coast- 199 mile relay with 10 person team

September:

SprinklesRunner - Date TBD - Wineglass Marathon

GregTR - 9/29 - Berlin Marathon

October:

Runmomto3boys - 10/6 Lakefront Marathon

GregTR - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

RVDowning - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/13 - Chicago Marathon

AthenaofAmerica - 10/19 - Folsom Blues Breakout Half Marathon

RVDowning - 10/26 - Silver Comet Marathon

not too swift - 10/27- Atlanta Marathon

ImNotScott - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

JackDyl11 - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

Docket_Rocket - 10/27 - Marine Corps Marathon

November:

Julia1971 - 11/3 - New York City Marathon

Good morning,

Barely had time to skim last night before closing out the thread.  Hopefully I will have time to read yesterday's RRs in more detail over lunch today.  Plan on doing 10 or so after work.

jojo61397

Cross fit plus 3 miles.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
        Sub- 1:45 hour half.

Has Broken Parts

It's raining and I have the sore throat from hell so I'll probably just take a RD today.  I have two races this weekend so a little extra rest won't hurt.

I think it's just a cold, but I don't have any other symptoms.  It might be allergies but I usually get a lot of allergy symptoms when I'm suffering from that and I've been taking allergy meds for a few days with no change.

"Address the process rather than the outcome.
          Then, the outcome becomes more likely." - Robert Fripp

Julia1971

All in for Boston

Good morning, everyone!  No run for me, yet, today.  I took today off from work and have a doctor's appointment at 10am.  I'm hoping to do some shopping and then get my 7 mile recovery run in in the afternoon.  Hopefully, it'll stop raining by then.

I'm still feeling very excited about yesterday.  Just being in the presence of so many fast women runners is making me want to train harder (and smarter).

Scott, Allergies have been insane this year.  I've been sneezing constantly for about two weeks now.  The air has also been dry.  I'm hoping today's rain will wash all the pollen away.

More personals later...

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. - Anais Nin

jojo61397

Looked at the WOD (Workout of the Day):

2 person partner workout:

1 person runs 400 meters, while that person is running:

10 power cleans

15 squats

20 sit ups

then you run 400 meters

Rinse, lather, repeat for 30 minutes...  I think I'll get at least 2-3 miles in.

Jodi

PR:

Half: 1:48 (March 3rd, 2013)

Full: 4:05:40 (March 17th, 2013)

2013/2014 Goals:

Sub-4:00 hour Marathon

Sub- 125 pounds
              Sub- 1:45 hour half.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hey everybody.  Anyone ever just wake up smiling?  Ha.  I had the weirdest thing happen last night.  When I closed my eyes to go to sleep, my body felt like it was still moving forward like I was running my race.  It was the same thing as if you'd been on roller coasters all day or out on a boat.  Very odd.  In other news, I apparently got 30 seconds slower over night??? I still have a 2:56xx, but my time got changed by 30seconds.  I don't know why that would happen really.  At least it will make the next PR easier to get haha.  As for soreness and all, I'm not too bad.  I have one knee that's a little sore, and just some chaffed spots that are a little annoying.

Marco..good luck on today's 10.  No rush on the RRs.

Jodi...Have a nice run.  That's quite the partner workout.  Do you have a workout buddy?

Scott...Definitely sounds like the time to focus on getting healthy.  Good luck figuring it out.

Julia...Enjoy that day off!  I hope the rain cooperates.  We had about 24 hours of it yesterday.  I'm glad the race was a good experience for you.  I haven't started to think about what I want to do now.

PRs:  Marathon (2:49xx; '13)  Half (1:25xx; '12) 10k (40:26; '11) 5mi (29:23; '13) 5k (17:33; '13)

Kind of annoyed with myself.  I switched Sunday's 12 with Saturday's 5 because Sunday was supposed to have heavy rain all day.  So, I got the 12 done on Saturday, but then come Sunday, didn't think I would be able to get the 5 in before the rains hit.  As it turned out, I would have had plenty of time.  Angry

So, I'm juggling running schedules this week.  Have HMP intervals scheduled for tomorrow and 2wu+8MP+2cd = 12 miles scheduled for Thursday.  I'm also debating where to do the MP miles.  Should I run them on a track so that it is nice and flat and feels easy so I'll have a good feeling after my last MP run, or do them on the slightly more difficult greenway (where I did them last week) that left me questioning myself?  Sigh.....

Bad Ass

Morning!  I did 5 miles this morning, with more miles and weights tonight.  Just got to the office after my allergy shot.  Hope this one goes well.

Have a great day!

Damaris, Marathon Maniac, Ultra Runner

Next:  RnR Country Music Half Marathon

Blog

"The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire."

thinkin about glory days

Good Morning,

I was too tired when I woke up to go for my run, so I'll have to slip out at lunch time.  I should be able to get in somewhere between 5 and 7 depending on how much time I have.

I'm looking forward to reading some race reports this afternoon.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Swam 2 kilometers in the pool this morning.

SRD from running. After running 3 days in a row with a race Saturday and long run

yesterday hubby and I are in official taper mode!!! 13 more day to marathon #6 for

me and I think #15 or 16 for him.

Hope all you other racers from the weekend are recovering well.

Have a good day folks!

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

PressingOn

Hey all!  Sorry I missed posting over the weekend and giving thumbs up and good lucks to the racer's on Sunday.  I woke up to a very sick cat   (puke all over the house and bloody diarrhea).  Yuck.  Anyway, spent all morning cleaning up after him and trying to decide if I needed to take him to the emergency vet office or not.  Luckily he improved dramatically by the afternoon so the expensive trip was avoided.  I may still take him to the vet today if there is anymore ickiness to be found in his litter box though.

I have a very easy 3 miler scheduled today.  It's super windy outside so can't say I'm looking forward to running through that but oh well.  I must do what I must do.  I only have this week before marathon number 7!  Actually, looking at the calendar we have quite a few races happening on our board this weekend.  Awesome!

Oh, SIAR and Beth will appreciate this.  Our town is currently building a new pool and I just found out they are building a 10 lane Olympic sized lap pool.  How awesome is that?

Just Keep "Tri" ing

Oh, SIAR and Beth will appreciate this.  Our town is currently building a new pool and I just found out they are building a 10 lane Olympic sized lap pool.  How awesome is that?

That is awesome for you!!! Our pool was built for the Canada Games in 1985 and is Olympic size

because of that. Lots of groups/teams come here from other cities specifically because of the pool size.

I like to go early morning while it is still at the full size before they put in the bulkhead and cut it down to

25 yard for classes, etc...

It's way more fun swimming in the long pool. You will love it! Hope it gets finished quickly.

Marathons run in Canada/USA/Bermuda/Ireland   

Next country for us - Austria Sept 2014 for 30th Wedding Anniversary :)

CompetitiveChik

Hey all, quick jump on for me (again).

I've decided to tweak the plans my coach has me doin. I just don't feel like I"m runnin enough. I used to run 40-50mpw and  now I'm only runnin about 20, if that. so on the days she has me doin cardio I'm gonna run instead. I really want to get my miles up.

so instead of cardio today I got in a nice 6 mile run.

Dec 23 - Apocalypse Survivors Half Marathon

Jan 13 - Houston Chevron Marathon

Feb 17 - Austin Half Marathon

March 2 - Woodlands Marathon

thinkin about glory days

6.9 done for me this afternoon.  This morning, I got the bad news I was waiting for about the job.  On the bright side, it gave me a great excuse to leave early so I could get in my run.

PRs

5k:  21:36

HM: 1:39:59

FM: 3:38:29