A Mile A Day

Weekly Check-in 05/18/09 (Read 193 times)

jeffdonahue

Nice job Teresa. Some days are harder than others, but for me most days it's just about figuring out what time the run is going to get done - even if it's at 10:00 at night before I go to bed. Tough time coming up in a few weeks because the wife is going away and I'll be home with my two little ones - not sure how I'm going to get any decent mileage in those days (or any mileage at all for that matter since I dont have a sitter and we just gave away the running stroller).

A Saucy Wench

This is gonna be my tough day. I am hungover

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Jill_B

I fly.

This is gonna be my tough day. I am hungover
        Good luck! Oh and honestly, some of my best times in races were run while hungover. Of course, I was about 21 at the time, but I like to remember the races, not the age. Smile

Bring it on.

A Saucy Wench

I skipped weights but did my run. 30 days!

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A Saucy Wench

Nice job Teresa. Some days are harder than others, but for me most days it's just about figuring out what time the run is going to get done - even if it's at 10:00 at night before I go to bed. Tough time coming up in a few weeks because the wife is going away and I'll be home with my two little ones - not sure how I'm going to get any decent mileage in those days (or any mileage at all for that matter since I dont have a sitter and we just gave away the running stroller).
            How old are your kids? My friend takes hers to the track and lets them play on the infield. Not good for decent mileage ok for keeping the streak alive. Usually 20-30 minutes is all that they tolerate.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Phew. Yesterday was TOUGH. Tired, legs unable to move, head hurting and a bit spacey, no motivation, no heart, no lungs. Ugh. Cut my 12 miler short to 6ish, then barely got in my planned double, thought I'd never run again. Today it was all back and better. Wohoo!
              jeffdonahue

How old are your kids? My friend takes hers to the track and lets them play on the infield. Not good for decent mileage ok for keeping the streak alive. Usually 20-30 minutes is all that they tolerate.
                Thanks Ennay - not a bad idea. My two little ones are 5 and 7. My oldest is 11 but she is going with my wife to a dude ranch with her girl scout troop.

A Saucy Wench

I was wrong. Today was harder. I've had too much treadmill time this week - I go faster than I should on the treadmill just to get it over with.

jeffdonahue

I go faster than I should on the treadmill just to get it over with.
                    Dont we all. That's why I hate the treadmill and when people ask me for running advice I tell them to get off the treadmill. If you are tired and get on a treadmill, you are still going to set it at whatever you usually set it at even though your body might not be up for it. And if you're feeling good, it could hold you back from a really good run. never mind my pet peeve of people walking/running on the treadmill that hold onto those bars for dear life. If you have to hold onto the bar to stay on the treadmill, you have it set too high. Sorry, I digressed again.
                    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Coming up to our 10M race this weekend, DW asked me, shouldn't I take a rest day? I said that I was, I was only going 3-4mi easy. She asked why I didn't take the day off? I mumbled something about the streak counter, and got laughed at.... Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I already have people warning me to be careful.  They must not know me very well, because I am cautious to the point of absurdity.  I did only one mile today - had to force myself to stop.  It was one of the most fun runs I've ever had.  I have a 5K race in the morning, so I didn't want to push it.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Check out my rest day the day after Strolling Jim...
                          Teresadfp

One day at a time

"Hardest. Run. Ever. Ouch."  Trent, you're SICK and I mean that in the teenage-sense of the word!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

It is amazing how painful, how hard, how insane a piddlin 3 mile run paced at easy pace + 2 minutes can feel.  Yeouch!!

The next day was not much better, although it did make me want to sing.