A Mile A Day

3000 days (Read 21 times)

jeffdonahue

So I hit 3000 days for my streak last week.  I'd like to say that I heralded the occasion with something monumental like a 30 mile run, but that just didn't happen.  Unfortunately right now (of course in the middle of training for my first half marathon in years) I am struggling once again with sciatic pain - though it does seem to keep switching legs on me.  It's nothing I haven't had before (soccer kills me - beats up my legs and keeps exacerbating the situation, but my kids love to play so I play every week with them), and nothing I cant run through.  In fact some days getting in a nice longish slow run helps to loosen everything up.

So this week is a string of one milers while I try to get back to pain free days by stretching several times a day and a regimen of ibuprofen to reduce the swelling.  It's already feeling much better than it did on Monday.  I think I'll hold off until after Easter and try to get in a longish run then.

But anyway, it was a big milestone so I thought I'd share.

Streak on everyone.

Jeff

KvnJns

Congratulations, that is a very huge mile stone, well done.

Kevin

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice work, Jeff! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Ojo

Congratulations!  That is quite the streak you have going!  Hope you feel better soon.

Sara

MM #2929

Marylander

Sweet, I'm closing in on 1000 so I'm a bit in awe of 3000.

rossruns

Congratulations, that is a fantastic achievement!  Here's to another 3000!

Excellent, Jeff.  I hope the latest pain is short lived.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth