A Mile A Day

The streak abides: Alaska edition (Read 20 times)

Intentionally Blank

Last December I asked your advice about keeping the streak going on a small ship cruise to Alaska. I did it! There was no treadmill on the boat, and the stops were all in wilderness, so no land running was available. I did loops around the top deck--about 35 laps in 15 minutes of running.

The ship was tiny, about 70+ guests, so it became known pretty quickly why I was running around the top deck like a crazy person. The path around the deck was small enough that if one person is on it, another person would have to flatten against the wall to let them pass. So I ran right at the beginning of lunch. Footsteps were too loud early or late.

On Wednesday, we stopped at the small village of Kake. We saw a presentation by some of the folks who lived there, and then the expedition leader invited anyone who wanted to run "at least a mile" from the site of the presentation back to the boat to join her. So my spouse, daughter, niece, another guest and the expedition leader (carrying bear spray!) ran a mile and a half with me.

It was fun. I am super glad to be back to pounding the pavement in my own hood, though. It was also a nice change to get the majority of my exercise from hiking and kayaking.

Good for you getting it done!  There are definitely challenges with streaking and travel.  I know if I wind up with an international business trip- especially if it involves other people- the streak will probably end.  But- not today!   Your cruise sounds wonderful.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

rossruns

Wow, that is awesome!  Glad you were able to figure out a way to get it done on the ship. I find most people are tolerant of our "crazy behavior" as long as it doesn't interrupt their sleep, eating, or drinking pasttimes - sounds like you figured out the perfect time to avoid interrupting all three.

On Wednesday, we stopped at the small village of Kake. We saw a presentation by some of the folks who lived there, and then the expedition leader invited anyone who wanted to run "at least a mile" from the site of the presentation back to the boat to join her. So my spouse, daughter, niece, another guest and the expedition leader (carrying bear spray!) ran a mile and a half with me.

It was fun. I am super glad to be back to pounding the pavement in my own hood, though. It was also a nice change to get the majority of my exercise from hiking and kayaking.

Awesome!

Get off my porch