A Mile A Day

Hurricane Ike (Read 165 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

me too!! I think if we can force ourselves to do it for like 2 weeks then we will hit that groove and be just as happy as we were when we were sitting on the couch! haha
    Wingz

Professional Noob

I agree that the first 10 or so days is the hardest. Why don't you guys try for a 5 day streak?

Roads were made for journeys...

jeffdonahue

Go, go, go!!!! I agree with Wingz - dont daunt yourself with (is daunt really a verb?) with thinking about running. Take it one week at a time. Get up every day and say "I am going to run today" and then just look at your schedule and pick the time. Both of you have already done significant streaks so we all know you can do it.

Oh Mighty Wing

I woke up giddy today over the thought of running... it has been MONTHS since I felt that way! ok well 1.5 months - half way through August and all of September... YEAH!!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
          jeffdonahue

You two are both off to a good start. I see a good streak in the making already!
              Thanks!! I have a little extra motivation in the form of a 10 miler coming up this weekend. Those last couple of miles may hurt a little.

Oh Mighty Wing

Good job Jug!! Yeah you are right it might hurt a little but it's ok... that's what recovery runs are for!
                  Thanks and you too! We are heading right along towards the double digits! Make sure you get out there today. I'm seeing a lunch time run for me tomorrow at the gym.

Oh Mighty Wing

ugh i did a 1 mile dread mill run! I work in our school's fitness center (yes a weight room in a high school complete with cardio machines for rehabing athletes) after school a couple days a week and it is really hard to get in the tread mill zone when you are watching them be idiots... anyway, I got it done although I would have preferred to be outside. Did lunch happen? I think I will ask every day untill 10 days. Then I think we will be safe for a non daily check in haha
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

Good job! Big grin Got a plan for tomorrow?

Oh Mighty Wing

Good job! Big grin Got a plan for tomorrow?
                        yup! GO RUN!!! hahaha MTA: I'm so excited to have my giddy running mojo back that I am refusing to really think about a plan.
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

I don't mean some long-term super-intimidating PLAN. I just mean have you figured out when you're going to run tomorrow. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow! You go, girl! Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

I don't mean some long-term super-intimidating PLAN. I just mean have you figured out when you're going to run tomorrow. Anyway, looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow! You go, girl! Big grin
                            ooohhhh hahaha no I don't even have a plan that far. I'll probably run around school and have the option of a 1,2, and 3 miler in convenient loops. So i'll probably decide as I hit my intersections LOL I'd like to do 3...
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

Have fun with it! I've got a One More Mile shirt with the slogan "Find your happy pace" on it. That's my new motto. Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

Have fun with it! I've got a One More Mile shirt with the slogan "Find your happy pace" on it. That's my new motto. Big grin
                                haha I like it! Mine's "Don't eat the paste" I think before my next race i'm gonna put it on a shirt!