Marathon Training Plans

Shamrock Marathon (Read 118 times)

xm41907

Hello,

I just started training for my first marathon (Shamrock Marathon March 20th) and am very excited.  I've wanted to run a marathon since I was running cross country in high school.  I've been an off and on runner since then, but this year I've made it my goal to become a lifetime runner, and so far it's been fantastic!  I'm following runninginthefamily.com's 16 week training program.  It consists of only 3 runs per week, but I'm confident in the apporoach.  There will most likely be some random speed work and other runs thrown in as well.  Oh, and I follow the Galloway Run/Walk method because of a ton of non-running related foot issues. 

I've got a running blog if anyone cares to follow me too. 

The Runner's Bug

James

2011 Redding (CA)

xm41907,

Welcome to the Group.  I like your training program ... run 3 days a week ... and use of walk breaks (Galloway).  Both strategies have allowed me to remain (major) injury free for years.

I've not read about your specific training program, but will do so right away.  We wish you much success for the March 2011 marathon, and will drop in on your blog from time to time.

2011 Redding Marathon (CA),  2011 Yakima Marathon (WA),  2011 Eugene Marathon (OR),  2011 Newport Marathon (OR)

2011 Pacific Crest Marathon (OR),  2011 Smith Rock Summer Classic Half (OR),  2011 Haulin' Aspen Trail Half (OR)

2011 Running is for the Birds 10Km (OR),  2011 Sunriver Marathon (OR)