2014 NYC Marathon Runners

Who's with me? (Read 13 times)

Hi, I'm Dan. I'm 31, I've been running for almost 3 years now, and NYC will be my 2nd full marathon.

I'm from Brooklyn, and I'm looking forward to seeing my friends and family along the whole route to Central Park.

2015 Goals

A -- Stay healthy, raise Luke

B -- Run 1000 miles

C -- Sub-4 at NYC 2015

happylily

Hi!

I have a time qualifier for the NYC marathon and I sent my registration, but I'm still waiting for a confirmation that I'm in. I registered on the first day. From what I understand, there is a lottery even amongst time qualifiers? And if I'm not in through the time qualifiers lottery, then I will get sent in the general lottery. I'm ok with the process, but I would like to get an idea of how long this will all take. I'd like to make other plans if I don't get in. Also, I want to book my room before the general lottery participants are informed! sigh...

Anyway, you're lucky to live in NYC. Such an amazing place! I live in Montreal... meh... I saw in your log that you ran a 1:39 HM, I bet you will see a huge new PR in your second marathon! Much better than a Sarah Palin's 3:58:59. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

JML

Hey there -

I live in NYC and coach for one of the charity teams that puts a team of runners in the NYC marathon.  If anyone needs a slot for NYC, I can help. I am looking forward to running with the team again this year.

Jon

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

happylily

Hey there -

I live in NYC and coach for one of the charity teams that puts a team of runners in the NYC marathon.  If anyone needs a slot for NYC, I can help. I am looking forward to running with the team again this year.

Jon

Hi Jon!

Question for you: if you've run the NCM before, how would you compare the course to other marathon courses you have done? Is it as difficult as what some people I know say?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

JML

Hi Jon!

Question for you: if you've run the NCM before, how would you compare the course to other marathon courses you have done? Is it as difficult as what some people I know say?

It is a little more difficult than say Chicago or Philly, but not too bad.  If you are mindful about not overcooking the first mile (up the Verrazano), the stretch over the 59th st bridge or the final uphill grind that starts at mile 22 before you enter the park, you can have a good day.  It is a course that requires a little patience.  I coached someone who took his PR  from 3:12 to 2:57 last year on what was not an easy weather day (cold / headwind) so there are solid times there to be had if you run a smart race.

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.