Running Readers

What Book Are You Reading Right Now? (Read 1345 times)

Top 'O the World!

just picked up Angels & Demons ~ for the beach this next week.....I may get rained out Roll eyes....oh well, I can still run in the rain
    Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
      just picked up Angels & Demons ~ for the beach this next week.....I may get rained out Roll eyes....oh well, I can still run in the rain
      I remember enjoying that one more than Davinci Code...I've read all of Brown's stuff.
      "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

Top 'O the World!

I read DaVinci Code when it first came out....don't think I have any more Brown....somewhat eclectic collection I have....
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Just read Integration Marketing by Mark Joyner - now I'm reading "My LIfe on the Run" by Bart Yasso. It's a lot more fun to read! Heheh.

When I finish that I'll probably read Conversations with Millionaires by Mike Litman - and hopefully by the time I finish that then "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougal will have come in the mail. (Are you sensing a pattern?)

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Top 'O the World!

Yup!  It's all educational!

Reading both "The World Without Us" and "Patient Zero".

Patient Zero is a FUN read; zombies AND terrorists...Whoa.

World Without Us is a bit deeper; it's what the title says. How the world would adapt once humanity was gone. Very interesting stuff.

"Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.
              Carl A

Reading both "The World Without Us" and "Patient Zero".

Patient Zero is a FUN read; zombies AND terrorists...Whoa.

World Without Us is a bit deeper; it's what the title says. How the world would adapt once humanity was gone. Very interesting stuff.

I enjoyed reading The World Without Us. I think he's right on about the cats (minor section, so not too much of a spoiler, I hope). Also, reading about the ruins of humanity is strangely comforting.

I'll have to look into borrowing Patient Zero from the library.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

AC Drech

If you like sci fiction- The Giver (Lois Lowry) is really good- but it is mostly geared toward 6-8 graders. If you like adverture, The Maze and other books by Will Hobbs are really good- but you may find it boring if you're not into outdoor adverture sort of thing. I thought the Maze was the best of his books.

Right now I am reading Between a Rock and a Hard Place, and it is really good. It's a true story about how a solo rock-climber/hiker got his right are and wrist caught between two boulders in Utah. He hadn't told anyone where he was going, so everyone started to panick when he didn't show up for work on Monday or Tuesday. He ends up haveing to amputate his right arm to free himself. Don't worry, it's now toooo gross- there are only a couple of pics and the description is not that bad. Anyway, a great read- but let me warn you, it's like 300 some pages.

Enjoy

I'm reading The Mystical Theology of the Eastern Church now.  I cannot wait to get to Born to Run.

MTA: Interloper: Three Act Tragedy by Agatha Christie

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Carl A

Right now I am reading Between a Rock and a Hard Place, and it is really good. 

I read that a couple years ago! It was a tough book for me to read in some ways, but it is a good lesson for people like us who are always going on self-guided outings. The pictures were really haunting to me, especially after reading the applicable parts of the narrative.

The whole story makes me cherish the freedom we take for granted each day.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

I'm reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society right now.  It took a bit for me to get into, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it now. 

Next is either Patient Zero or Drums of Autumn (my guilty Diana Gabaldon pleasure ). 

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

I'm reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society right now.  It took a bit for me to get into, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it now. 

Next is either Patient Zero or Drums of Autumn (my guilty Diana Gabaldon pleasure ). 

Let me know what you think of Patient Zero...just read it's been optioned for a movie...Count me in!

stfuandrun

Lush Extraordinaire

Let me know what you think of Patient Zero...just read it's been optioned for a movie...Count me in!

It was terrifying.  I had zombie dreams for three nights in a row.  I loved it!  LOL 

5k - 23:30

10k - 49:00

Half - 1:48:34

Full - 4:01:28

Working toward hip nirvana.

It was terrifying.  I had zombie dreams for three nights in a row.  I loved it!  LOL 

Wasn't it a fun book? Definitely looking forward to the movie as some mind-less entertainment (or should I say "brainless"?)

Reading "Red Dragon" by Thomas Harris...slowly but surely...great read though