Sub-4 Marathon Group

February 2013 (Read 64 times)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

well since we are on the subject it inspired me to run one. Its been awhile and i am curious as th whether i can PR.

Oakbend Attack on Poverty 5K - April 6. Very few runners so maybe ill get an AG spot worthy of mention.

Ditto.  I haven't run one since a hungover, queasy effort the day after Thanksgiving and haven't raced one since September.  Bright Beginnings 5K this weekend.  A perfect name, don't you think, Cbus?  No idea about how the field will shake out.  There is no prize money to speak of, so the field will be a bit shallower, but even these charity 5Ks have overall winners running in the low 17s and winners of my age group in the high 17s.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Rollcast - nice! Maybe you'll inspire Cbus now.Smile Last year i ran a 5k for first time in over a year and PR'd by over a minute.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Rollcast - nice! Maybe you'll inspire Cbus now.Smile Last year i ran a 5k for first time in over a year and PR'd by over a minute.

this is my hope

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I did this and I PRd by 0 seconds....

I spent the whole year getting asthma attacks and being slow so there is that....

If it's 45F (which is 40F cooler than my 5K PR), how can I pace for the race (assuming I'm doing it) IF THE WIND IS AT 20MPH, HEADWIND MOST OF THE COURSE?

I hate that the only way I can get cold weather is to bring me a hurricane with it....

Damaris

onemile

You guys are making me want to race a 5k! Shocked

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Come on down and race this one. Apart from the 20mph headwind, just wear a bikini since it will be a nice balmy 45F for you!

You guys are making me want to race a 5k! Shocked

Damaris

onemile

No thank you.  I've had my fill of wind this winter. You can keep it.

Come on down and race this one. Apart from the 20mph headwind, just wear a bikini since it will be a nice balmy 45F for you!

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Three weeks later ran another PR by 30sec and won AG in both races. Highlight of my running year.

this is my hope

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Rusk Runner

Do we get pictures of you gals running 5Ks in bikinis?

9 miles w/ 5x1K @ 5K pace (3 min rests) done.  3 miles warm up @ 9:21 avg.  1K intervals @ 6:34, 34, 38, 39, 35.  Cool down for 1.67 miles @ 9:54 pace.  Tough workout and I had to laugh a little after the last interval.  Glad I was able to get it done outside as there was only light snow and rain.  Small hills and inclines are a blast at high speed arent they?!  Just makes ya wanna puke!

Jedi - Take your taper seriously!  You have trained hard and you are gonna burn the streets, so take some time to rest and recover.

Oh yeah, and do we get pictures of you gals running 5Ks in bikinis?

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

Three weeks later ran another PR by 30sec and won AG in both races. Highlight of my running year.

I am running a half this weekend and REALLY want a PR for that since my last HM (1:54)was run more as a LR and less of a race.

PR's : HM 1:51:15  -  5K 21:27

White Lightning

Evening everyone.  5 recovery miles finished at 10:16.  Legs were still very blah, glad this one is over.  Did manage to wear shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt today, really nice out and expecting 50's in the next couple of days.  The end is near...

Found out today that they've started building an indoor field center with 4 soccer fields that's going to have an indoor running track around the perimeter   Will be finished this fall and only 3 miles from my house so that got my spirits up.

Play the Game Hard!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Very nice run.  I planned on 12 but by the time I got home, I had gone through stomach reflux, cramps, and a headache, so I settled for 9-10.  I did 9 and I was doing 9:XX at the end of the run without blinking.  I love when the asthma matches the legs.

Damaris

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

indi - no worries! I start my 10-day taper tomorrow. Not running longer than 8 miles until race day. 7-RD-8-5 rest of this week. 5-8-RD-5-3-13.1 next week.

Jedi - Take your taper seriously!  You have trained hard and you are gonna burn the streets, so take some time to rest and recover.

Up Next:

???

Smashy!!!

Jedi, the Daniels programs sounds very similar to the Hansons. Do you agree? Or is this just my perception?

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Jedi, the Daniels programs sounds very similar to the Hansons. Do you agree? Or is this just my perception?

Doesn't Luke say in the book that the Hansons base their program off of the psysiologial research Daniels has done?  I have the Daniels book but haven't had time to read through it closely and think about the plans and their differences, but if the science underpinning both plans is Daniels' own research, then it stands to reason that there might be a lot of similarities.

Garmin came in the mail today, so I got to play with it.  I was happy that the battery came with a 40% charge right out of the box, so I was able to use it on my run this evening.  It will take some playing with so that it isn't just a expensive stopwatch, but one run in I like it so far. Smile

Doubled today.  4.5 at lunch @ 7:40. A bit fast, but it felt good all the way through.  And it didn't have any negative carryover effects to my run this evening.  8 easy @ 8:30.

Hi everyone!

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33