Sub-4 Marathon Group

June 2013 (Read 44 times)

Rusk Runner

Whew.  Got home from work, threw some chops on the grill for DW and kids, ran into town to buy some gas, push mowed about 1/3 acre around the house, dressed, hopped on the bike and went for 20.9 miles.  Hot and windy too.  Need a good night sleep tonight.

Mdawg - glad you are enjoying your stay.  I will join you by taking an SRD tomorrow.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Nice running, all.

akalei: I too switched my runs around because of the storms coming tomorrow; they look like they'll hit you first and work their way towards us.

mdawg: jealous of the beach.  enjoy!

indy: nice ride!

Hi everyone else!

Me:  I swapped my run with my SRD because my schedule will be packed tomorrow and we're supposed to be getting nasty thunderstorms for a lot of the day.  So I was supposed to do six easy, but my run was terrible; my calves and ankles were stiff the whole way and I couldn't get them loosened up or even warmed up.  90F and humid didn't help matters.  I decided to not be a damned fool and just bag it rather than risk hurting anything.  Afterwards, I did a bit of core work and some exercises to start working on my messed up kinetic chain. (My hips and glutes are really weak, and my right side is weaker than my left to boot; at 30mpw everything can compensate for that, but more than that stuff starts to hurt, so I need to fix it all).  Run ended up 3.25@ 9:25.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Roll, nice run and cute kids! Nice that the three boys all look so different.

My son at one time was playing soccer and baseball, and racing go-karts, this went on for four summers. That was busy.

Flinders, at what weekly mileage do you start adding doubles? I see the potential benefit but hate running early, so I only ask out of interest!

Ami, good to hear you staying positive, the workouts sound intense. I'll stick to a few pushups and situps, and perhaps curls.

Docket, good for DH!

Cbus, good to hear of your progress.

Greetings to all.

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

WWBurhop

Three Martini Lunch

Simon:  I don't have any particular mileage for doubles.  I try to get runs in when I can, and have a job where I can escape for a full hour at lunch, so that is frequently when I do them.  I also double up one day when I know that it might be difficult to get a run in the following day because of schedule or weather.

I've never followed a formal training plan, so I don't know how the doubles will fare this summer when I try to stick to a plan.

M: 3:31:56

HM: 1:37:33

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  SRD.  Work and then travel today.

indiana, great workout.  And the oter stuff too.

Flinders, sorry about the tough run.

Simon, hi!

Have a great day!

Damaris

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

I'm with Flinders and Akalei - moved my runs because of the storm coming tonight.  I'm going to use the Corporate Challenge as my "4 mile recovery run" since it was 3.5 faster miles and then do 10 Saturday and 13 Sunday on the rail trail in the burbs.  It's a boring route, but i don't know what the weather will be like tomorrow.  If it isn't raining tomorrow when I get done with jury duty, I'll do the 10 then.

Corporate Challenge was so crowded i only ran 8:27s for the 3.5 miles, and passed everyone.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I hate our Corporate Run for the same reasons.  It is hard to pace well or even run at 5K pace with the gazillion people around you.  Great job!

I'm with Flinders and Akalei - moved my runs because of the storm coming tonight.  I'm going to use the Corporate Challenge as my "4 mile recovery run" since it was 3.5 faster miles and then do 10 Saturday and 13 Sunday on the rail trail in the burbs.  It's a boring route, but i don't know what the weather will be like tomorrow.  If it isn't raining tomorrow when I get done with jury duty, I'll do the 10 then.

Corporate Challenge was so crowded i only ran 8:27s for the 3.5 miles, and passed everyone.

Damaris

MA runner girl

Roll - Great pic! They all look so different. The other day my neighbors came over with thier kids, who are 15 months and 3.5. It was complete insanity for the 30 min they were here! Makes me wonder if I really want kids that close in age!

akalei - Ha, my boy was 16lbs, 4oz at his 2 month appt... my arms are looking good regardless of stroller running! But it certainly helps.

Detroit - It didn't feel that weird to start running again, maybe a little extra jiggly. LOL I recovered pretty well, thankfully. He wore a "Mommy's future running partner" shirt that my BFF's mom got him to my 5k! And I have a future marathoner shirt too that he'll wear later this year. Smile

Nice running all! This thread moves fast.

Ran 3 miles this morning. I was up before DH and C so I decided to head out alone. I pulled on my tank, shorts and ran out the door, only to realize it was in the mid 50s and lightly raining. Brrrr! Survived though. Didn't bring my watch because I wanted to get it done quick before C needed to eat, but got back in less than 30 min, so I'll call it a success.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

mdawg87

Afternoon y'all!  7 miles this morning with 5 at MP, a w/u, and a c/d.  Mile times were 9:44, 8:42, 8:30, 8:26, 8:32, 8:31, and 9:10.  Happy with those nice even splits.  Hot one today at the beach with a heat index approaching 100.  Still not too bad humidity wise though so it's relatively comfortable.  Plus there's a nice breeze.  Off to get cleaned up.  Homemade pizzas with a giant salad for dinner tonight.  Mmmmm....

MA:  you sound like you're bouncing back pretty quickly.  Hope your return to work goes smoothly.  C is a doll!

PRs:  1:38:10 (HM)  3:32:46 (FM)

Smashy!!!

Hey all,

Wow, today was a hectic day! We got hit pretty hard last night by the storm. I woke this morning to find that A large limb of our birch tree broke off. It missed the house, but it was blocking the driveway. So I spent the morning sawing up the limb. I only had time to fit in a 6 miler today, so I decided to make it a quality 6 miles. I ended averaging 8:40, so I guess I'll call it a tempo run.

East Coasters, be careful during the storm.

Mdawg, how many miles did you end up doing for the first four weeks of the Beginners plan? Nice MP run, btw!

Flinders, I ran today in the mizuno sayonara. It's a legit shoe. The U4ic midsole is mind blowing. I can't wait to see what the next generation Wave Rider will be like.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

onemile

Nice MP miles Mdawg!

Flinders - smart to play it safe.

MA - nice 3.

Cbus - nice pace on the 6.

I finally had a decent run since getting back from vacation - 10 miles at 8:41 pace.  MAYBE I'll be ready to start marathon training in three weeks.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

MA- So good to hear everything is coming back together with the running!

MDawg - Nice run in the heat.  It's cold here but I think it'll be hot for my runs this weekend.

Cbus - It was POURING out tonight - good thing I decided to move my run to tomorrow.  I wish I could get in one of those shoe test programs, the Sayonara sounds great!

By the way, I did the math and no way can I make it to 9:30 jury duty and get my dog to the daycare place in the morning if I run.  Since I don't drive in Manhattan, its almost a 30 minute walk to get to the Courthouse, meaning I need to be BACK from my 10 miles by 8 to even make it conceivable for me to eek in there in time.  I'm so bad at timing because my hair is super long and takes forever to blow dry/make presentable...so I need to run when I get home instead of stuffing my face with crap and lounging around doing work.

Also...I stayed up until 11:30 to watch Hannibal.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe?  I think you will.

We arrived in SF.  Looking forward to my mini vacation and race.

Nice MP miles Mdawg!

Flinders - smart to play it safe.

MA - nice 3.

Cbus - nice pace on the 6.

I finally had a decent run since getting back from vacation - 10 miles at 8:41 pace.  MAYBE I'll be ready to start marathon training in three weeks.

Damaris

Rusk Runner

cbus - nice run and I am glad the limb missed your house.  We missed everything down here in sjouthern IN.

mdawg and Onemile - good running.

Docket - Good Luck and Happy Vacation!

MA - Keep up the good work!

I leave for my MRI in about an hour.  Of course there will be no diagnosis or thoughts on results till next week, probably Tuesday.  After the MRI I have to stop in at the LBS to pick up my new stem.  We will see if it works to et the bike more comfortable for the longer rides.  I would like to do another 45 to 50 mile ride this weekend.

PRs...5K - 20:36, 4mile - 26:15, 13.1 - 1:32, 26.2 - 3:42

Just Run!!!

onemile

Hey good luck on the MRI.  Waiting for the results is the worst part.

I leave for my MRI in about an hour.  Of course there will be no diagnosis or thoughts on results till next week, probably Tuesday.  After the MRI I have to stop in at the LBS to pick up my new stem.  We will see if it works to et the bike more comfortable for the longer rides.  I would like to do another 45 to 50 mile ride this weekend.